The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
On Quora :-
1719588058766.png

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I enjoy 'nice' chips but it's many years since I got them from a chippy. You normally get a lump of undercooked potato.

My local chippy is excellent, the chips are always just crisp enough on the outside, but fluffy on the inside.
I agree that a fish and chip tea is now not a cheap meal, but like everything else the costs of the energy, oil, the fish which the wholesale price is expensive and even potatoes have gone up.
Nothing is cheap anymore
Through my rose tinted glasses I can remember a bag of chips being 6d, and a piece of cod a shilling, but that was 60 years ago.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I spent an hour or 10 ( may have exaggerated a bit )struggling with a yougov form :cursing:. Sheesh, they don't make it easy do they.

I gave up on registering for that. I don’t have the necessary ID to set it up. When it comes time to apply for my state pension next year I will need to do it the old fashioned way by filling in the paper forms.

Just been telly watching pretty much constantly since 5pm. I do enjoy my telly. Currently making my way through a series called New Amsterdam about a public hospital in America. The first 2 series were good but the story lines have gone a bit silly now. Just keeping watching to see how it finishes up though.

classic33

Leg End Member
I gave up on registering for that. I don’t have the necessary ID to set it up. When it comes time to apply for my state pension next year I will need to do it the old fashioned way by filling in the paper forms.

Just been telly watching pretty much constantly since 5pm. I do enjoy my telly. Currently making my way through a series called New Amsterdam about a public hospital in America. The first 2 series were good but the story lines have gone a bit silly now. Just keeping watching to see how it finishes up though.
Not to see if it can get any worse than it already is?

Top Bottom