The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yes, as someone who has struggled with poor eating habits for as long as I can remember I agree in some circumstances. I know exactly what and how much I should be eating, but when the urge to binge comes on, it’s like drug addiction :sad:

Yes, it is hard work struggling with food addiction, or more usually & specifically, carb' addiction.

I went through a massive over-eating phase nearly 10 years ago when I was mis-diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.

I ballooned by 3 stone! :mrpig:

Took me a while to get it off too & I eat far more sensibly these days by steering clear of the usual culprits.

I don't eat cereals, potatoes, cake, biscuits, milk chocolate, sweets or bread, except in small quantities and then only in very rare circumstances. All of these are very addictive and pile on the pounds.

I confess to sometimes having terrible cravings like wanting maybe 8 weetabix drenched in full fat milk and laced with sugar! Honestly, I did this sort of thing in my depressive eating phase! :mrpig::mrpig::mrpig:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yes, it is hard work struggling with food addiction, or more usually & specifically, carb' addiction.

I went through a massive over-eating phase nearly 10 years ago when I was mis-diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease.

I ballooned by 3 stone! :mrpig:

Took me a while to get it off too & I eat far more sensibly these days by steering clear of the usual culprits.

I don't eat cereals, potatoes, cake, biscuits, milk chocolate, sweets or bread, except in small quantities and then only in very rare circumstances. All of these are very addictive and pile on the pounds.

I confess to sometimes having terrible cravings like wanting maybe 8 weetabix drenched in full fat milk and laced with sugar! Honestly, I did this sort of thing in my depressive eating phase! :mrpig::mrpig::mrpig:

I have even taken something back out of the bin and eaten it :sad: I’ve been anything between almost anorexic at one point years ago to really quite overweight for periods. All the yo-yo dieting and bingeing have nearly destroyed my metabolism I think. I find it really difficult to drop weight now.

pawl

Legendary Member
We have had a shower of rain here. :rain:

Get that hole in the roof repaired.

Top Bottom