The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We have had a shower of rain here. :rain:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Feeling sluggish. Went to bed 2 am and not feeling up to much.

Will decide on some exercise to do today after a few cups of coffee (decaf).

Was supposed to be out in the mountains today with my best mate/hiking buddy for a moderately hefty walk but v.high winds up to 50mph predicted so we abandond the walk yesterday. :sad:

Today's revised plan highlights:

Do some sort of exercise.

Open 1 x ISA & 1 x FRB.

Order some new chanring bolts as I mangled one up fettling the bike yesterday.

Sort out intinerary for short break to South Shields next week (half done already).

Doss and start another Stella Rimington book - Secret Asset.

screenman

Legendary Member
Just the riverside trail again for me this morning. Reasonably quiet. Just a couple of runners. Both young and slim. I have to admit to feeling quite envious. :laugh:

Opposite here, not jealous of the people I am surrounded by, currently in the a waiting room in Lincoln Hospital surrounded by people who are not looking after themselves, unwashed, obese and old before their time, why do they do that to themselves.

SpokeyDokey

Opposite here, not jealous of the people I am surrounded by, currently in the a waiting room in Lincoln Hospital surrounded by people who are not looking after themselves, unwashed, obese and old before their time, why do they do that to themselves.

Complex set of circumstances in many cases - some within their control and some not so much. :sad:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Complex set of circumstances in many cases - some within their control and some not so much. :sad:

Yes, as someone who has struggled with poor eating habits for as long as I can remember I agree in some circumstances. I know exactly what and how much I should be eating, but when the urge to binge comes on, it’s like drug addiction :sad:

22 degrees in our lounge

did manage a ride - 2 hours or so - weather was not too hot and quite a bit was cloudy but warm

I have brought "the last fan" down from the loft and cleaned it all out so SWMBO can have it pointed at her in the evenings
the bedrooms have had fans on for a while

SWMBO has also just ordered a ceiling fan - so I suppose I will be nailing that to the ceiling tomorrow

after I have a blood test done to see if I have any more iron in my blood after 18 months of iron tablets!!!

Ceiling fan was installed last night - under the supervision of the 3 year old grandson while his gran kept reminding him that he was allowed to watch but "helping" was not allowed
He was very interested in my tool bag!

Anyway - he was staying last night because his elder sister has a transition day at her new school for next year and getting all 3 of them sorted out in the morning was getting complicated - so their parents outsourced the youngest to us for the night
I feel a playground coming on soon - just wondering whether to walk to the nearest on (through the "hole in the fence" which he loves
or whetehr to risk the big one a few miles away that may have water features enabled

last time I took him there when the water was on he was with his 2 siblings and he came back to me soaked and actually shivering - I didn;t know about the water and hadn;t taken spare clothes

still - he didn;t die so that's OK

SpokeyDokey

And that's just the nurses!
Seriously, have you noticed how many are really overweight

I think they are just representative of society as a whole. They stand out more in health environments maybe because we subliminally have an expectation that our health professionals should look, well... healthy!?

SpokeyDokey

Chainring bolts ordered.

FC5800 chainset 4 bolts £14.50 which is bonkers so found some from a cycle shop not too far away, stripped from R7000 chainset (same bolts) for £3.99 delivered. No idea what the story is there but they will do!

Fiddly buggers to fit as they are on the 'inside' with T30 Torx heads which seem to be made of cheese.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
And that's just the nurses!
Seriously, have you noticed how many are really overweight

I think they are just representative of society as a whole. They stand out more in health environments maybe because we subliminally have an expectation that our health professionals should look, well... healthy!?

Shift work and grabbing snacks when they don’t have time to sit down and eat something healthy doesn’t help.

Top Bottom