The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s a while since I cycled the south side of the loch. They patched the road a few years ago. Is it still holding up ok?

It seemed fine, no worse than any other road that we’re used to.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The dampness is gradually lifting here now. Have been for a wander along the canal to Heriot Watt, caught the bus home. Getting on as I was getting off was one of the Reid brothers, as in The Proclaimers. I can never remember which one. He lives in the village and is a regular on the buses to and from town.

Thought he would have walked since he could walk 500 miles :laugh:

postman

Squire
I spent one hour doing light weeding on the driveway in the shade.then the sun came out.it was too much for me.So not going to kill myself.i will return to it Friday and Saturday.On a more important note we celebrate 34 years of married bliss on Sunday.Well thats what i have just been told to type.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My heavy cold is slowly getting better, I've done two covid tests, both were negative though.
Going to get more lemons, soothers, tissues and paracetamol shortly.

Try garlic and onions too.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Bloody NHS again the sore I have on my hip is not healing, so sent a letter with another photo.....No reply
Phoned the NHS Trust in my area and the earliest appointment I can get is in five weeks time on the 31st July, so now I have no ointment to put on it and it is getting worse FFS
16.06.24.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Yes somebody had to say it ! I was tempted to myself ^_^

The dampness is gradually lifting here now. Have been for a wander along the canal to Heriot Watt, caught the bus home. Getting on as I was getting off was one of the Reid brothers, as in The Proclaimers. I can never remember which one. He lives in the village and is a regular on the buses to and from town.
I was just going to ask if you could fire up one of those apps that draws a circle at X distance from a particular location. If you set one at 500 and another at 1000 miles you could let us know where each of them would end up 👍

Top Bottom