The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Dentist this morning. She was unusually grumpy, maybe a bad weekend? Just the usual 6 month scale & polish.

Walked to dentist instead of using the car. 6 mile round trip so I have done my bit for the environment today. 😇

Just finished repointing some paving and now a dossy afternoon reading one of Stella Rimington's excellent novels.

Some treadmill and gym later - when it cools down, a bit of Netflix (Obituary - very good series btw) this evening, and then it's a Kindle & Cuddle night tonight.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've been shopping.......Ahhhhhh................ Bloody self service tills, the whole shop now has self service :cursing:

I hate them.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Where's the race report? Are we mere mortals now dealing with a World Champion Brommie rider?

I thought Mrs Tkk looked respendent in her purple pedal pushers and TuTu, but we were put into the shade by the new friend we made, you can't see from the photo but his upper and lower front teeth had tiny diamonds set in them 😎
As for race report, there was the Traditional " Le Mans " start where we had to run to our folded bikes, unfold them and set off. Unfortunately Mrs Tkk, had a bit of a mechanical so I quickly stepped in to giver her a hand with the unfolding which meant we were last off the grid. There's a seriously steep down ramp and the start / finish of each lap. When I met it the first time I was a tad apprehensive, by lap three I was giving it my all, safe in the knowledge that there are so many excellent Hospitals within quite a short distance.
I don't usually post photo's but here you go.

IMG_5829.JPG

IMG_5832.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

SpokeyDokey

I thought Mrs Tkk looked respendent in her purple pedal pushers and TuTu, but we were put into the shade by the new friend we made, you can't see from the photo but his upper and lower front teeth had tiny diamonds set in them 😎
As for race report, there was the Traditional " Le Mans " start where we had to run to our folded bikes, unfold them and set off. Unfortunately Mrs Tkk, had a bit of a mechanical so I quickly stepped in to giver her a hand with the unfolding which meant we were last off the grid. There's a seriously steep down ramp and the start / finish of each lap. When I met it the first time I was a tad apprehensive, by lap three I was giving it my all, safe in the knowledge that there are so many excellent Hospitals within quite a short distance.

View attachment 735228

View attachment 735229

View attachment 735230

Fantastic!

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

View attachment 735228

View attachment 735229

View attachment 735230

Glad you enjoyed it, I think next time a red tutu for you to suit the dickie bow?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
@ The two hardcore walkers on here:

@numbnuts & @Mo1959

A guy on a Reddit Sub posted that he has done well over 1000 consequetive 10000 step days and is aiming for a streak of 2000!

How do you compare?

I think I have reached my limit, today my feet are sore and the body is too weak ........at 72 there is only so much you can do

SpokeyDokey

I think I have reached my limit, today my feet are sore and the body is too weak ........at 72 there is only so much you can do

We have friends that live on the South Coast (Bournemouth - visiting them in early July) and he is also 72 and she is 60.

They knock out 12000 steps every day.

Mad if you ask me as he had a new knee a couple of years back and the other is dodgy now.

Don't ask how they landed on 12000 steps and not 10000, as I have no idea why.

Another bit of digital tech that I’m a fan of is the ‘Find my’ app on my phone. I’ve put MrsFoE’s phone on it so now if I’m wondering what’s keeping her I can see real time tracking of where she is, or at least where her phone is. She’s currently approaching Dunfermline on her way back from pony trekking in Glen Devon.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We have friends that live on the South Coast (Bournemouth - visiting them in early July) and he is also 72 and she is 60.

They knock out 12000 steps every day.

Mad if you ask me as he had a new knee a couple of years back and the other is dodgy now.

Don't ask how they landed on 12000 steps and not 10000, as I have no idea why.

Inflation? everything else seems to have gone up...

Top Bottom