The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A very good morning to you all, may the day ahead be as kind as possible to you. My mission for today is to pop into one of the Eastern European supermarkets in Boston and pick up some nice bread, and maybe a cake or two.

mmm that sounds good.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
We are thinking about having solar panels fitted. Just thinking at the moment. It's a minefield

We had them at our old house and very good they were too. However, the legal questions around them and their installation were a serious PITA when we moved house so I'm reluctant to do it again.

That's typical of the UK - make it as difficult as possible to do the right thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Had a nice walk around Olivers Castle and the 29 Caen locks at Devizes yesterday.

IMG_20240618_105847265_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240618_114909852_HDR.jpg

Did as much driving off road as on. So many Byeways around here!
Off to Avebury today after picking up some essentials in Tesco Marlborough.

pawl

Legendary Member
Just got back from swimming and now sitting down to eat something called a fish pie, and a bowl of salad.

I had a plate of salad for dinner last night Salmon.Lettuce Onions Carrots Beetroot New potatoes.All home grown except the salmon All produce from my three raised beds.Chopped up and and Balsamic vinegar as a dressing Yum Yum. 🙂 🙂

Tenkaykev

Guru
Having just rummaged through the contents of the cleaning stuff cupboard and found a bottle of 1001, I have taken the rug onto the patio and given it a good seeing to. The rug is quite large, in fact I would describe it as " bigger than big " in essence a "big big carpet" I see from the faded price label on the container that it costs two shillings and fivepence, that's less than Half a Crown! 😉

Dave7

Legendary Member
Having just rummaged through the contents of the cleaning stuff cupboard and found a bottle of 1001, I have taken the rug onto the patio and given it a good seeing to. The rug is quite large, in fact I would describe it as " bigger than big " in essence a "big big carpet" I see from the faded price label on the container that it costs two shillings and fivepence, that's less than Half a Crown! 😉

aaaahh I clearly remember that advert. 1001, 1001 cleans a big big carpet for less than half a crown.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

Half a crown was my pocket money. :laugh:

Just back from a walk round to the Co-op for a few things. I bought quite a lot of fruit, and managed to steer clear of the biscuits, crisps, etc. It’s actually warmer outside than it is in the house at the moment.

Top Bottom