The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Boiler service lady came this morning " hang on to this boiler " was her advice, it's a " Gloworm " conventional boiler and it's well over 20 years old. Decided to go for a run as Mrs Tkk had gone to Yoga. Decided to follow the red brick road ( a path of several hundred metres of hand laid bricks leading into the heathland). I must have had my masochists head on as when I reached the end of the brick path I chose the trail that is soft sand underfoot and gets really steep. At the top I meandered across the heart of the heathland before heading back to the red brick road and home.

Attachments

• IMG_5724.jpeg
    IMG_5724.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5723.jpeg
    IMG_5723.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5716.jpeg
    IMG_5716.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 6

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
View attachment 733251

View attachment 733252

Windy and very cool (12c) here in Cumbria today,Mrs BL reading her book, and, I am amusing myself attempting to photograph the Red Squirrels, but, so far, all I have managed to snap are birds. ;)

Good pic's.

We are North of Kendal @11C and the CH is on!

Enjoy your stay in Cumbria.

We are over your way in South Shields (I think that is more or less where you are*) in a few weeks time and hope it is warmer then!

*Please correct me if I have goofed here.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

Just changed the water screen jet on the car, one of very low, so as you do you get a needle and raise it up a bit.....not on this stupid car, they are non adjustable WTF so £14.44 later it's working again why so expensive .......... it's heated :rolleyes:

Long time since I adjusted a screen jet.

Are they all non-adjustable these days? Ours are heated so I don't think our ones are.

SpokeyDokey

Boiler service lady came this morning " hang on to this boiler " was her advice, it's a " Gloworm " conventional boiler and it's well over 20 years old. Decided to go for a run as Mrs Tkk had gone to Yoga. Decided to follow the red brick road ( a path of several hundred metres of hand laid bricks leading into the heathland). I must have had my masochists head on as when I reached the end of the brick path I chose the trail that is soft sand underfoot and gets really steep. At the top I meandered across the heart of the heathland before heading back to the red brick road and home.

Nice looking trail there.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Good pic's.

We are North of Kendal @11C and the CH is on!

Enjoy your stay in Cumbria.

We are over your way in South Shields (I think that is more or less where you are*) and hope it is warmer then!

*Please correct me if I have goofed here.

At the moment, we are Derwent Water (Manesty), been here since Monday, returning to the East Coast tomorrow. Weather has not been kind, we have had two soakings. It is particularly annoying to check our home security camera, and see sunshine!

presta

Guru
Like Mo I fear the worst. As somebody posted there are some very dangerous cliff walks in that area.
Temperature there is expected to reach nearly 50° today which won't help.
Does anyone know what his experience is? Is he a fellwalker, or just someone who fancied a stroll?
Did I say... I have bought myself a mobility scooter. I pick it up tomorrow.
I've come close several times, but it's doubt about getting one small enough to take on busses and trains, and big enough for a 6'5" rider with a week's groceries that's always stopped me.
Boiler service lady came this morning " hang on to this boiler " was her advice, it's a " Gloworm " conventional boiler and it's well over 20 years old.
I hung on to my Ideal floor standing boiler until it was 32 years old and spares were no longer available, I doubt the new one will last that long.

SpokeyDokey

At the moment, we are Derwent Water (Manesty), been here since Monday, returning to the East Coast tomorrow. Weather has not been kind, we have had two soakings. It is particularly annoying to check our home security camera, and see sunshine!

We had the same a couple of weeks ago.

Was in Whitley Bay for 4 days and it was very cold due to a Sea Fret.

Back home they had a 3 day mini heat-wave when the temperature got into the mid 20's. The only time this year!

Mind you, the longer walks were very pleasant in the rolling mists of the coast. We both dislike walking when it is too hot.

Top Bottom