The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooeeee. A brighter sunnier day here.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Drago

Legendary Member
No jogging again this morning, foot really hurts. I'm at the Docs tomorrow so we'll see what they say.

Today is my "day off". Once my boy Brucie is walked ill tidy the house, practice my bass, then I have a day of chilling ahead. I might watch Find It Fix It Flog It on catch-up for a bit of perving at Gemma.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
The over night rain has cleared away and there is blue sky, it is a bit cool though.
A nice day for a long dog walk via the Vet's for a weigh in for Millie to see if she is putting some weight back on. She is on quite a high dose steroid, which will be slowly reduced to a lower level, but her troubles have stopped and she is much livelier.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

MrsD's car's MOT is due next week, so it's going in to Minehead to be done today. We'll do a bit of shopping and have lunch in Wetherspoons whilst we are there.
I've got another project on the go in my workshop; my neighbours old lawn mower.
He's been having trouble with it starting when it's been used for a while, so he bought a new one the other day and gave me the old one. Stripped it yesterday and checked a few things out.

IMG_20240604_164218749_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20240604_164239208_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

Reckon it's the ignition coil that's faulty, so I've ordered a new one - £13.95 - which should be here in a day or so.
Now.....what to do with it once it's fixed? Could be the start of a new side hustle.

Drago

Legendary Member
Morning all :hello:

MrsD's car's MOT is due next week, so it's going in to Minehead to be done today. We'll do a bit of shopping and have lunch in Wetherspoons whilst we are there.
I've got another project on the go in my workshop; my neighbours old lawn mower.
He's been having trouble with it starting when it's been used for a while, so he bought a new one the other day and gave me the old one. Stripped it yesterday and checked a few things out.

View attachment 733049

View attachment 733048

Reckon it's the ignition coil that's faulty, so I've ordered a new one - £13.95 - which should be here in a day or so.
Now.....what to do with it once it's fixed? Could be the start of a new side hustle.

I restore older mowers as a hobby, and I'm finding modern style mowers of 15-25 years vintage aren't responding well to E10. After winter they're a foxtrotter to start, but usually go OK once a start has been managed.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
No jogging again this morning, foot really hurts. I'm at the Docs tomorrow so we'll see what they say.

Today is my "day off". Once my boy Brucie is walked ill tidy the house, practice my bass, then I have a day of chilling ahead. I might watch Find It Fix It Flog It on catch-up for a bit of perving at Gemma.

Not wanting to be a harbinger of doom, but... I had, what started as a painful foot/ankle way back in April 23. Doctor, diagnosed Plantar Faciitus, and suggested exercises. Also told me it may take "some time" to improve. Three months later, no improvement, in fact, it got worse, there were days when I could not weight bear on that foot. I even bought crutches to allow me to get around. Eventually, Doctor referred me to a Podiatrist, who actually did some tests (ultra sonic scans) and diagnosed an Achilles Tendon problem. Told me to stop doing all of the previously suggested exercises, gave me new exercises and told me it was an "over use injury" and that I should take it very gently, no cycling, no walking beyond the essential ie no 5-10 mile walks. It took six months to improve. It still is not 100%, but, I can now cycle and manage a 5 mile walk.

Good luck.

PS. I have no real idea what caused it. My wife (who is always right) thinks it was because I spent about 10 days repairing/building a garden fence, which entailed lots of kneeling down in a restricted space (between hedge and fence).

Top Bottom