The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was reading this morning that to go up the Eiffel Tower at the moment cost 29 euros p.p. Next month, when the Olympic games start, it will go up to 35 p.p ! I hate this world we live where greed reigns supreme.

I have been up 3 times and tbh can't recall paying. I suppose I must have paid but it wasn't enough to register.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I was reading this morning that to go up the Eiffel Tower at the moment cost 29 euros p.p. Next month, when the Olympic games start, it will go up to 35 p.p ! I hate this world we live where greed reigns supreme.

Our neighbours have just gone away for a week in Paris - taking their kids to Disneyland and the Eiffel tower. Hope they realise how much it will cost them. :ohmy:

Drago

Legendary Member
Afternoon nap completed.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Went to see Planet of the Apes in Kendal on Sunday (enjoyed the film).

A VERY small tub of plain vanilla ice cream was £2.95 The price was not prominent and when we asked and was told how much it was, we refused to buy it. Utterly ridiculous.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

In Keswick, Cumbria today, taking Mrs BL on an "all our yesterdays" outing. We walked along Derwent Water lakeside, from Manesty to Keswick, had lunch, then, got the launch across the lake to High Brindlehowe, to walk back to Manesty. The launch was £13.75 EACH, and that was a "concession" price. Daylight robbery.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lake Garda this afternoon. I didn’t realise it was so long. A 17 mile route which was only about half the length of it. Looks amazing.

IMG_0310.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
In Keswick, Cumbria today, taking Mrs BL on an "all our yesterdays" outing. We walked along Derwent Water lakeside, from Manesty to Keswick, had lunch, then, got the launch across the lake to High Bridlehowe, to walk back to Manesty. The launch was £13.75 EACH, and that was a "concession" price. Daylight robbery.
I have just taken my daughter SiL and granddaughter for lunch. 4 meals and 4 drinks....£38.00..... very reasonable.

screenman

Legendary Member

Supply and demand, I doubt many of us would sell anything for less than we can get for it. I have a different view on business compared with many who have never owned one.

Top Bottom