The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Does Molly still know who you are?

Of course, because she jumped all over me when she saw me.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, hire ar gone back and MG retrieved.

I couldn't open the fuel filler so couldn't top it up before taking it back. I followed the instructions in the handbook, locked it, unlocked it, and another guy on the adjacent pump had a go for me with no Joy.

I'm hoping the hire car company don't try and sting me for not filling it up, so I've used the app to suspend my credit card and took a video of the flap not opening, just in case. In any event, I did most of the motoring on electrons (it was a PHEV) so used hardly and fuel and the gauge was still showing full, so hopefully they won't make a thing out of it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, hire ar gone back and MG retrieved.

I couldn't open the fuel filler so couldn't top it up before taking it back. I followed the instructions in the handbook, locked it, unlocked it, and another guy on the adjacent pump had a go for me with no Joy.

I'm hoping the hire car company don't try and sting me for not filling it up, so I've used the app to suspend my credit card and took a video of the flap not opening, just in case. In any event, I did most of the motoring on electrons (it was a PHEV) so used hardly and fuel and the gauge was still showing full, so hopefully they won't make a thing out of it.

If you hired the car with Enterprise, they don't require you to bring it back with a full tank.

classic33

Leg End Member
Crieff in the news I see. Fame at last :laugh: Shame the models seem unable to crack a smile. The dour look must be in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv223y3x68go
Where are you in that lot?

Top Bottom