The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's what I were bothered about.

Who is still working about 45 hours a week, they give me permission to be here as I am retired compared with how I used to work. Also having very recently lost my wife I have a lot of new skills to learn, but going out looking scruffy is not one of them.

45 hours a week is not retired IMNSHO, you are now just working sensible hours.
What is your occupation?
Here in Victoria Australia to qualify for a Seniors travel card you may only work fewer
than 30 hours a week..
Have you acquired your flat cap yet?

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
45 hours a week is not retired IMNSHO, you are now just working sensible hours.
What is your occupation?
Here in Victoria Australia to qualify for a Seniors travel card you may only work less than 30 hours a week..
Have you acquired your flat cap yet?

I have had a few flat caps for many years, I also have a bus pass. My hobby is paintless dent repair, for which people insist on handing over money.

screenman

Legendary Member
At some point this morning I am going to check my new tyres on my winter road bike, I have gone tubeless with a Vittoria insert, they were certainly a battle to fit. It will mean if I get a puncture evening on a ride I can carry on riding without having to stop and fix it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
At some point this morning I am going to check my new tyres on my winter road bike, I have gone tubeless with a Vittoria insert, they were certainly a battle to fit. It will mean if I get a puncture evening on a ride I can carry on riding without having to stop and fix it.

I have resisted trying tubeless. It sounds more of a faff than I can be bothered with.

Nice enough morning here but feeling a bit lethargic so it’ll just be a gentle walk soon.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have resisted trying tubeless. It sounds more of a faff than I can be bothered with.

Nice enough morning here but feeling a bit lethargic so it’ll just be a gentle walk soon.

I have reintegrate on timeless with the mtb, without a puncture that stopped me riding. After a puncture when out on the road bike the other day I thought it was time to go timeless on that as well. It is a bit of a gaff at first, but It is normally fit and forget.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A good sleep but not long enough.
Yesterday afternoon was enjoyable. Daughter and SiL came around and brought friends of theirs. I knew the guy (50ish) and he had his new partner. They met on a dating site. Those sites seem to work for some people so good on them.
My daughter suggested I try it but ATM nobody can replace my lovely wife.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A bit of a cloudy start to the day here.
I've got a few errands to run later on. My suit and a couple of shirts to collect from the dry cleaners, and i need a ball of twine so I can construct the runner bean run. Plus all the usual things to do.

Top Bottom