The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Thought I would be first, probably the only time 😊

Good morning all.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning again. Just back a 4 mile run and dripping with sweat as usual so off to get freshened up.

Looks like a repeat of yesterday. Lovely dry, sunny morning then rain to arrive around lunchtime.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A quiet day In store for me.
Strange thing happened yesterday.....I will make this as short as possible.
When I was 17 I really fell in love with a really beautiful girl.
The problem was she was just 14. Very mature both physically and mentally but I couldn't take it to the next level due to her age (it was too dangerous).
Anyway it turns out that someone I know has been in contact with her...... this person messaged her to ask if I could contact her and she was happy for me to do so.
We ended up having a long video call. Really nice.
Just to be clear... she is married, has children and grandchildren but still, it was nice to see and speak to her.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Nice and sunny today so I'll have a stroll down to the harbour for the Wednesday market and maybe a spot of lunch in the Bell.
Expecting a couple of parcels from Yodel later; accessories for my lathe.
I put another cctv camera up yesterday on the side of my garage which will give a better view over my back garden. Caught Bats flitting around last night.

The Shirley end of Hall Green followed by the Hall Green end of Shirley ! The house move comprised just 2 miles.
I lived in Doveridge Road, must have been somewhere near you.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Morning all.
A quiet day In store for me.
Strange thing happened yesterday.....I will make this as short as possible.
When I was 17 I really fell in love with a really beautiful girl.
The problem was she was just 14. Very mature both physically and mentally but I couldn't take it to the next level due to her age (it was too dangerous).
Anyway it turns out that someone I know has been in contact with her...... this person messaged her to ask if I could contact her and she was happy for me to do so.
We ended up having a long video call. Really nice.
Just to be clear... she is married, has children and grandchildren but still, it was nice to see and speak to her.

I'm glad that worked out for you (both) but I am interested in why the 'someone I know' did that? Was it with your consent?

Just out of curiosity but no problem if you don't want to answer.

Personally, I don't think I would want to chat to an ex from way back. On the basis of so much time has gone by and there would be so little common ground.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm glad that worked out for you (both) but I am interested in why the 'someone I know' did that? Was it with your consent?

Just out of curiosity but no problem if you don't want to answer.

Personally, I don't think I would want to chat to an ex from way back. On the basis of so much time has gone by and there would be so little common ground.

Not sure what you mean by "did that" and with my consent.
She was (probably still is) a lovely girl and we have such fond memories of each other. We had a lovely video chat. I wish her all the best.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not sure what you mean by "did that" and with my consent.
She was (probably still is) a lovely girl and we have such fond memories of each other. We had a lovely video chat. I wish her all the best.

What I meant was: did the person who asked your ex' have your permission/knowledge to ask her? 🙂

Or did she do it without you knowing?

And if not, what motivated them to do so?

Top Bottom