The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning. I was up at first light and finally got myself out for a bike ride. First since August! 21 miles done while it was quiet then got in, quick freshen up and change and straight back out for a walk so needing my breakfast now.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning folks, Blue bin day and walking group this morning. I had a text from the Doctor asking me to phone/pop in the surgery to arrange an appointment for the Doctor to ring me to discuss the results of my recent DEXA scan. I have already received a letter from the Hospital detailing the results which are normal for my age.
Friend has justt got back from Inveran, while he was up there his ankle flared up so he tentatively phoned the local Doctors Surgery. " No problem, we'll put you down as a visitor and the Doctor can see you the day after tomorrow if that is convenient ". He was very impressed.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Morning all :hello:

Shopping in Taunton this morning.

Fun fact: I went to the same school as Jasper Carrott and later, when I started work I had a job to install a telephone in his flat in Acocks Green.

I used to live in Acocks Green, my first bedsit after leaving home. He mentioned still living in Solihull at his gig last night, though as @Flick of the Elbow said, Knowle/ Dorridge is adjacent and less well known ( growing up, Solihull was the " posh " part of Brum, Knowle/Dorridge was very " exclusive " ) There was a bit of a kerfuffle when the Chelmsley Wood housing estate with its tower blocks had its boundaries redefined and became part of Solihull.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. I was up at first light and finally got myself out for a bike ride. First since August! 21 miles done while it was quiet then got in, quick freshen up and change and straight back out for a walk so needing my breakfast now.

Mo......please!!!! I am exhausted just reading that :blush:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I used to live in Acocks Green, my first bedsit after leaving home. He mentioned still living in Solihull at his gig last night, though as @Flick of the Elbow said, Knowle/ Dorridge is adjacent and less well known ( growing up, Solihull was the " posh " part of Brum, Knowle/Dorridge was very " exclusive " ) There was a bit of a kerfuffle when the Chelmsley Wood housing estate with its tower blocks had its boundaries redefined and became part of Solihull.

I used to live in Hall Green.

Top Bottom