The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7, remember this?

Has the problem never actually gone away.
No. Got over the flu in March and the problems started a week or so later (can't recall dates).
They gradually got worse with the shakes and sweats until that morning I couldn't walk down the stairs.
I do believe we have turned a corner though.
●Not had sweats or shakes for 2 weeks.
●Appetite coming back.
●legs are not as heavy
Depending how I feel, I may try 9 holes of golf on Wednesday.
Sorry...... I hate it when people just moan. I am just giving an answer to your question^_^

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
It does doesn't it.
It certainly does.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just as I was contemplating getting out, even for a walk the rain came battering down again at 6 so went and lay down for an hour. Bit brighter now but not sure if it will stay dry for long.

The TV guide confuses me today when I looked up when the Tour is on and what it says about it. A flat stage with categorised climbs :wacko:

Copy and paste.

Coverage of stage 14 of the most prestigious race on the calendar, featuring a flat 194km course from Clermont-Ferrand to Lyon, in which the peloton crosses five categorised climbs as it makes its way towards the Mediterranean.
Makes perfect sense to me.
Its totally flat
with mountains :wacko::wacko:
We have done a lot of driving through France......mainly just getting north to south and back......I enjoy saying "oh yes,been there, I remember that" etc.
Its a beautiful country with lots of open space

Dave7

Legendary Member
G

We went to the Dome. Lovely surroundings great staff, friendly and attentive without being "over the top"
Mrs Tenkay and I both really enjoyed it, I'm usually a coffee drinker but there were so many tea varieties on offer that I tried a fresh ginger and lemon infusion.

View attachment 546630

View attachment 546631
I have to say that all looks lovely and well presented... very very nice.
My problem is that I dont enjoy sweet stuff like cakes. I can sometimes eat eg a scone with jam n cream.
Someone gave us a gift voucher for a posh afternoon tea. Sadly we had to exchange it as it would be impossible to eat :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Time to say good morning all.
I do enjoy a good read of all the comments when I surface.
Might have said this before but when MrsD surfaces she always asks "how are Mo and Welshie today. Where is Dirk.....has he got his gas. What's Chorley Paul up to" etc
Anyway @screenman I am with you re a headache though I confess mine is self induced.
No big plans today... . Will see what it brings.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Never sell yourself short your just as good as the next man person women.....anyway I bet they don't have pork scratchings :laugh:

Well if there are no pork scratchings I def don't want to go there.:laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
We are out for lunch with our youngest son and DIL along withe her parents, we all enjoy each others company so I expect to have a good time. Jobs for todays servie vacuum cleaner and clean the windows which a filthy due to having a pea picker doing the back field yesterday when the wind was full on blowing towards the house, not complaining as I enjoy the scenery.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Went to the Meare Fish House this morning after walking doggie around Westhay nature reserve.
Interesting building erected in 1330 and the best preserved monastery fishery building still standing in England.

I don't really do new builds - I'm more of a Bronze Age/Iron Age fella - but this was pretty good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom