The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning all. A tad chilly here at the moment.

Hopefully it will warm up In a bit. Stay safe peeps. :hello:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just as I was contemplating getting out, even for a walk the rain came battering down again at 6 so went and lay down for an hour. Bit brighter now but not sure if it will stay dry for long.

The TV guide confuses me today when I looked up when the Tour is on and what it says about it. A flat stage with categorised climbs :wacko:

Copy and paste.

Coverage of stage 14 of the most prestigious race on the calendar, featuring a flat 194km course from Clermont-Ferrand to Lyon, in which the peloton crosses five categorised climbs as it makes its way towards the Mediterranean.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Woken at 6.30 am by a heavy cloudburst. Don't remember that in last night's forecast.
Last full day on this site - moving on tomorrow to a site just east of Hot Fuzz city.
Haven't decided where to explore today, but I need to fill the CRV up with diesel before we venture very far.

Tenkaykev

Guru
G
Where did you end up ? Best afternoon tea in town is rumoured to be at the Signet Library.

We went to the Dome. Lovely surroundings great staff, friendly and attentive without being "over the top"
Mrs Tenkay and I both really enjoyed it, I'm usually a coffee drinker but there were so many tea varieties on offer that I tried a fresh ginger and lemon infusion.

IMG_20200911_122543.jpg

IMG_20200911_134431.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

G

We went to the Dome. Lovely surroundings great staff, friendly and attentive without being "over the top"
Mrs Tenkay and I both really enjoyed it, I'm usually a coffee drinker but there were so many tea varieties on offer that I tried a fresh ginger and lemon infusion.

View attachment 546630

View attachment 546631

Very nice

Morning all, bright but very windy here.

Still intrigued by the snarling and brutal Man Proposes, God Disposes painting I posted about in the early hours. Painted by Landseer, so different from his genteel shortbread tin Monarch of the Glen. Depicts the disappearance without trace of the 129 men and two vessels of the Franklin expedition in their bid to find the North West Passage.

And to think that Burns said the same thing about man and nature so much more gently in To A Mouse :smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forecast was dire with heavy rain forecast so had a long lie and when I looked out it was a nice morning. Not going to last tho'.
Somebody on FB has a rant about cyclists not giving way to cars and touring cycles are very often guilty of this. However I could not let this pass and pointed out that the majority of cyclists behaving this way are tourists. We are not allowed to criticise tourists who can and do whatever they like as we all love them.
I cannot resist poking fun at the tourist lovers but they all take themselves very seriously and have no humour so we will see where this goes before the mods step in and ban me.

Top Bottom