The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Well thats not gone to plan :sad:. My annual blood pressure check this afternoon, was good last year, 125 over 75, this year though, the low reading was about where it should be at around the 80 mark, but the high reading was around the 160 mark well above the 120 it should have been. We'll have to keep an eye on it, I'm seeing the nurse again next week. Apart from that it was a good day.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well thats not gone to plan :sad:. My annual blood pressure check this afternoon, was good last year, 125 over 75, this year though, the low reading was about where it should be at around the 80 mark, but the high reading was around the 160 mark well above the 120 it should have been. We'll have to keep an eye on it, I'm seeing the nurse again next week. Apart from that it was a good day.
I'd not read too much into a one off test, especially this year. A repeat giving similar results possibly.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sound familiar?
"The symptoms usually develop 7 to 14 days after exposure to the bacteria. There are two main types of infection mild and severe. With a mild case you will develop flu-like symptoms like headache, chills and muscle pain. This type is the most common and accounts for 90% of reported cases. The mild symptoms will usually resolve within five to seven days."
@Dave7, remember this?

Has the problem never actually gone away.

12boy

Guru
I love that expression on Dirk's dog's face. Planned on doing a bunch of trips to get rid of branches but found my truck tire flat. My neighbor and I decided to get rid of a huge wad of branches a nearby lady's tree had lost because were blocking the alley. Some young guys came by with a truck and a trailer and we struck a deal....they got rid of almost all my branches, 2 x 20 ft trailer worth, for $75. Good for both of us......i was getting sick of dealing with the damn branches anyway. Maybe I can get a ride in tomorrow. Man proposes, God disposes.

Man proposes, God disposes.
I’ve not heard that phrase before, I just googled it and this is where it took me...
83B41F35-A7CC-4226-AFCE-B88B2106A8B7.jpeg

Blimey, watch out for the polar bears !

Also, the picture is haunted :eek:

PaulSB

Squire
If this causes you concern think about more regular monitoring. I can't see how an annual check is of any real use. Both Mrs P and I have needed to monitor our BP in the past and have done so daily at home.

We have the same monitor as seen in many hospitals and surgeries. It's made by Omron, the top manufacturer, and freely available to buy.

Keep in mind many people experience raised BP when visiting the GP.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
If this causes you concern think about more regular monitoring. I can't see how an annual check is of any real use. Both Mrs P and I have needed to monitor our BP in the past and have done so daily at home.

We have the same monitor as seen in many hospitals and surgeries. It's made by Omron, the top manufacturer, and freely available to buy.

Keep in mind many people experience raised BP when visiting the GP.
I've got an Omron too. Just do it occasionally when I remember.......and yes, it does vary from time to time so not something to stress over unless it's consistently high.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. It's dark so I can't see the weather. Forecast is good though.

Nothing much planned for today. I'm doing a shift on the club bar at 4.00pm. There's housework and ironing to do and I'll probably potter round the allotment.

Rovers are playing today, first of the EFL season, and the game is broadcast on iFollow which means I can watch it live on my laptop. The laptop has a small screen so I'm trying to connect this to my TV. Apparently I need an HDMI adapter, HDMI cable and should connect all this to the Mini Display Port. 🤔 🤔

Last night's in house entertainment. Mrs P complained my Garmin watch buzzing woke her around 3.00am Friday morning. I explained I have all alerts turned off, the watch silently alerts me by vibration to incoming activity on my phone, both phone and watch are on Do Not Disturb 22.00 - 07.00. My phone is permanently on silent as Mrs P gets upset if it pings.

I was half asleep when I heard a buzz followed by a dig in the back. "Your watch is buzzing again" Me: "My watch and phone are downstairs. That buzz is the noise your tablet makes when you have incoming messages or email." Mrs P keeps her tablet permanently switched on and charging beside the bed. 😲

Sometimes it's best to say nothing more! 😀

Last edited:
Top Bottom