The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Of course she has good taste, she married me didn't she 😁

I don't have "go faster" stripes as such, but I do have colour matched red socks and watch strap, and if I want to go really fast I have a red silk handkerchief, red bow tie and red braces to call upon.

I bet you look like a proper dandy.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I declare it to be officially Autumn - I saw my first geese of the year this morning, a glorious honking V wing heading south over West Lothian, about 60-70 of them. I always enjoy that first sighting :smile:
Been seeing them here all summer. They used to come in from probably Tiree every morning and circle round the Bay before heading up to a local dairy farm for breakfast. Not down the street now so don't know if they still do this.
We used to go up to the hide near Jemimaville on the Black Isle and watch the autumn ones coming in.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good afternoon all.
I have had a busy day. An early start walking the dog and then went down to our son's place to help him clear part of his garden. It was quite overgrown and he has plans for planting bulbs and then new plants next spring.
Then out for a late lunch with him and MrsP.
I feel an early night coming on.
Energy saving ones!

Been seeing them here all summer. They used to come in from probably Tiree every morning and circle round the Bay before heading up to a local dairy farm for breakfast. Not down the street now so don't know if they still do this.
We used to go up to the hide near Jemimaville on the Black Isle and watch the autumn ones coming in.
I enjoyed the recent midweek Scotland Outdoors podcast hearing Pathhead resident Karine Polwart talking about watching the geese on Fala Moor.

screenman

Legendary Member
Our youngest son was born 31 years ago today our eldest was born 46 years ago this Monday.

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: good morning folks, a bright but chilly morning and its Friday again where did that week go? A good afternoon down the club yesterday afternoon and an interesting morning at the garden centre, my Brother In Law got a bit carried away buying trays of plants, made it interesting trying to get a dozen trays of plants in the boot of my Suzuki Swift that already had a a wheel chair in, then we had to take half of them out when we got to the club so we could get the chair out, and again when we came out the club and needed to put the chair back in.

Top Bottom