The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Out with the dog soon and then a trip out on the bike for a ride around calling in at Tesco's in Potters Bar on the way home as they have a good range of bottled ales,
I need some stores for this afternoons alfresco escape committee meeting on the field.
The weather looks good for today.🚴‍♂️

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The weather looks good for today.🚴‍♂️
Unlike here! It's about to arrive :laugh:
Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 07.51.31.png

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning everyone. Looks to be a reasonable day out there. Three of the old farts will gather for a flat spin to Southport at 9.00. Breakfast is planned at Bill Rimmer's, a decent cafe where one can still get a full breakfast for £3.75 add a coffee and it goes to £5.00. I know plenty where a fiver doesn't cover coffee and cake - I do yearn for the I beans, toast and poached egg of yesteryear.

My afternoon will be spent on the allotment and this evening No. 3 son and partner are coming for tea.

Have a good day.

Dave7

Legendary Member
G G G Good morning.
I seem to have developed a s s s stammer overnight.
Cloudy start but no rain forecast today. Not much wind at the moment (no, not me).
Mo.....I enjoyed the finish to yesterdays TdF.....i like to see the underdog do well BUT like you I enjoy the mountains.
BIG DAY..... .10 00, I am having my haircut^_^.
@PaulSB how did your Moroccan meal go with the honey.
In other news......our cleaner came yesterday (stay down Classic). 1st time since lockdown. She insisted on hugs. She is a pretty mid 20s blond so of course I resisted for erhh about, how do you spell millisecond :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Yay, it's Fish Friday! :hungry::cheers:
Off out for a walk this morning and then on to Burnham on Sea for fish & chips on the seafront.
That's if we can fight our way through all the bloody pensioners who seem to inhabit the place. Never seen so many mobility scooters and zimmer frames in one place in my life! :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
Two of the kids and their wives coming here for a curry and booze tonight, how come all the celebrations happen in my house, eating my food and drinking my booze? Love it really.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

We're meeting a friend for Cream Tea today.
Planning to walk into town as it's only 4 1/2 miles, rain is forecast and we don't want to arrive looking like drowned rats so we may follow the bus route instead of the scenic way.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks ☔🚶‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚴‍♀️🏊‍♂️

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning all. Just been walking Molly and it is quite windy today. I was going to ride to LLanrwst and back this morning, which is about 25 miles, but now debating whether to postpone till tomorrow morning due to the wind. :sad:
On the other hand, being a westerly wind, it would be behind me on the way back. :tongue:
I might just cut the grass instead and see what it is like tomorrow. ^_^
I know @Mo1959 wouldn't be put off by the wind but she is younger and fitter than me. :whistle:

Top Bottom