The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice walk up to the hill fort this morning.
Currently lunching in the 16th century Queens Arms at Bleadon.
Butcombe 'Rare Breeds' and a cheese & chutney roll.

IMG_20200909_125201932.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dark orange or reddish brown. Not much difference I know, but seperate causes.
Did the colour change after any of the heavy rain we had earlier this year?

You can use this thread for time period reference, moaning about the rain not stopping, it's too hot.
No discolouring.
After showering there is often a fine sandy type sediment in the bath.
The drinking tap sometimes has a build up of black gunge coming out......not nice.

dickyknees

Guru
Had a lovely 12 mile bimble down Lon Ogwen this morning.

classic33

Leg End Member
No discolouring.
After showering there is often a fine sandy type sediment in the bath.
The drinking tap sometimes has a build up of black gunge coming out......not nice.
If it's after heavy rain, chances are it's just run off too fast, overloading the treatment plants final stage. That was the reason we were given, when the residue was dark orange.

Any build-up as you've described, gunge, may be "dirt", in water not fully treated.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got back just before 2 with 57 miles on, morning started off cool and grey with a stiff breeze that I could hear whistling at times, the sun came out towards the end it warmed up and the breeze got stronger. The cafe at Brandon Marsh is the closest of the cafe's I use, its a good one if the weather forecast is dodgy, there's plenty of little lanes that can be used to work out a scenic route out and back, but if I come out of the cafe and its raining I can run for home and its only 8 miles. a good morning out on my bike this morning, the cafe has only just reopened after lock down so it was a chance to ride lanes I hadn't ridden for a while, an interesting start to the ride, we've got 3 schools and a nursery by us and the traffic round here gets bonkers at school time, so at the start of the ride I was dodging school run mum's, a bit further across the city and I came across a set of temporary lights that weren't working right, having waited for a long time I went against the red light, when I got to the end the lights the other end were on red as well, with as big a line of waiting traffic, that route across the city takes me down the Henley Road and up Deedmore Road to Shilton and in the morning is usually very busy.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/55827373

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom