The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Love the sound of pipes, especially distant ones being carried by the wind from somewhere unseen :smile:
We hear them often here, there’s an Army piping school at Redford barracks just down the road, also nearby a very expensive public school that has a pipe band.
I like the sound of bagpipes.
Especially when they play 'Over the hills and far away'.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all :hello:

Bit of a grey start here but forecast to brighten up.
Off to Worle Bury iron age fort this morning, dropping into all of the Calor gas dealers on the way to see if anyone has got a 6kg propane bottle.
I have, two of them. And butane.

classic33

Leg End Member
The words p*ss up and brewery come to mind.
Just got through to United Utilities.
Nice young lady.
She..... the engineers report states water looks clear.
Me.....NO NO NO... he didn't even turn the tap on. He just looked at the residue in the sink.
She.......they will be analysing the samples taken.
Me.....NO NO NO... they have not taken any samples.
She...... ..oh. hold on while I check. Oh right, they are taking samples on Thursday.
Me......what about the free water I was promised?
She......oh sorry, the request was sent to the wrong team. You will get it this afternoon :wacko:
Dark orange or reddish brown. Not much difference I know, but seperate causes.
Did the colour change after any of the heavy rain we had earlier this year?

You can use this thread for time period reference, moaning about the rain not stopping, it's too hot.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm in the Badgers Tearoom at Brandon Marsh with a coffee and a teacake, its been a pleasant ride out.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Love the sound of pipes, especially distant ones being carried by the wind from somewhere unseen :smile:
We hear them often here, there’s an Army piping school at Redford barracks just down the road, also nearby a very expensive public school that has a pipe band.

The original Seven Sisters Marathon used to have a piper in full traditional kit at the top of the first (of many) Hill.
Very evocative and quite eerie, especially if it was misty.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Still not right?
Hi last night I had to have the fan on to stop my temperature going over 100F, at 01:30 to 05:30 I had chronic diarrhoea, so not good at all. Should get the results from the test by this evening or tomorrow morning so fingers crossed

oldwheels

Legendary Member
How can water have a use by date?
It's probably been in the ground for thousands of years, they pump it out, filter it, then bottle it and all of a sudden it has a limited shelf life. :wacko:
It can have a shelf life depending on what it carries in it and storage conditions. I have a bottle I keep in the car for hand washing mainly and if kept too long it turns green. I never had a problem but motorhomes can have water in a fixed tank which goes "off". I never drank from the fixed tank in my vans but always had fresh drinking water in separate containers.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
They really get to me. Get quite emotional hearing them sometimes.

Really blowy out there now but suppose I should stretch the legs before the cycling.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started today wet and windy again but just now sunny so will try a walk soon. My car goes in for a service and pre mot checkover next week as there was an advisory on the last one re front discs which may need replacing before the mot. I have to go down early on Monday with the car and climb back up again on foot so need to get some walking practice in.
Not safe taking the trike out as I had in an earlier post the roads are getting dangerous according to local cyclists. Yesterday a motorbike was sideswiped off by a camper van which did not stop. The rider was not seriously hurt but the bike is badly damaged.

Top Bottom