The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GM

Legendary Member
Morning all...:hello:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all crappy hampers,
Poached eggs on toasted bagels for breakfast this lovely day. The normal dog walking, followed by a ride around on the bike to the local shops and the post office.
Then a few hours in front of the box watching the Tour. It's turning out to be a great race this year. But for how much longer is the question?

Dave7

Legendary Member
The words p*ss up and brewery come to mind.
Just got through to United Utilities.
Nice young lady.
She..... the engineers report states water looks clear.
Me.....NO NO NO... he didn't even turn the tap on. He just looked at the residue in the sink.
She.......they will be analysing the samples taken.
Me.....NO NO NO... they have not taken any samples.
She...... ..oh. hold on while I check. Oh right, they are taking samples on Thursday.
Me......what about the free water I was promised?
She......oh sorry, the request was sent to the wrong team. You will get it this afternoon :wacko:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The words p*ss up and brewery come to mind.
Just got through to United Utilities.
Nice young lady.
She..... the engineers report states water looks clear.
Me.....NO NO NO... he didn't even turn the tap on. He just looked at the residue in the sink.
She.......they will be analysing the samples taken.
Me.....NO NO NO... they have not taken any samples.
She...... ..oh. hold on while I check. Oh right, they are taking samples on Thursday.
Me......what about the free water I was promised?
She......oh sorry, the request was sent to the wrong team. You will get it this afternoon :wacko:
We once had a major burst pipe and no tap water for 3 days. We learned through the local grapevine that you could just go up to the filter station about a mile from our house where there were bottles available on a help yourself basis.They managed eventually to get a delivery service to all households. They had pallet loads of bottles but when I looked the use by date was 2 years out of date as they had been lying there on standby for years. We used then anyway with no ill effects.
We had three water butts in the garden which we used for toilet flushing.
You tend to take clean drinking water from a tap for granted until you lose it.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I can hear bagpipes. Wonder if it’s coming from the cemetery.....maybe a funeral. It backs on to the houses across the road from me.

I can hear bagpipes. Wonder if it’s coming from the cemetery.....maybe a funeral. It backs on to the houses across the road from me.
Love the sound of pipes, especially distant ones being carried by the wind from somewhere unseen :smile:
We hear them often here, there’s an Army piping school at Redford barracks just down the road, also nearby a very expensive public school that has a pipe band.

Top Bottom