The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
Gawd blimey, its like being back at nursery with all this toilet talk and I'm just having my lunch! :laugh:

Is that a telephone directory cut up into small squares! :smile: .........that was our job on a Sunday evening while watching Sunday Night at the London Palladium when we were little. :smile:
there was a great rerun of Sunday Night at the London Palladium just finished recently on Talking Pictures. Jimmy Tarbuck in all his tooth gapped glory. Today he would have to get his teeth done cosmetically. Sigh ! they were wonderful times , when people were more natural

D

Deleted member 1258

there was a great rerun of Sunday Night at the London Palladium just finished recently on Talking Pictures. Jimmy Tarbuck in all his tooth gapped glory. Today he would have to get his teeth done cosmetically. Sigh ! they were wonderful times , when people were more natural

We saw Jimmy Tarbuck at the Coventry Theatre many years ago, very funny, Sammy Davies was also on the bill, but I can't remember who else. I do remember one fella in the audience, sat a short distance from us and never cracked a smile all night.

pawl

Legendary Member
Work is still being done to repair bridges, the Cycleway and footpath.
Thanks for that.The power of water and the destruction it causes is frightening I visited Glenridding soon after the floods The size of some of the boulders moved by the force of the water was amazing as was the section of road that was washed away between Keswick and Ambleside
Like the pictures.

12boy

Guru
I love your dog, Dirk....very photogenic, a Jack Russell?
IMG_20200908_150641.jpg

On 8/27 our Gracie turned 16. Here she is on a down blanket and her baby blanket doing what she does best at her age.

PaulSB

Squire
Thanks for that.The power of water and the destruction it causes is frightening I visited Glenridding soon after the floods The size of some of the boulders moved by the force of the water was amazing as was the section of road that was washed away between Keswick and Ambleside
Like the pictures.
We were in Keswick the days the flooding began. We were staying at The Lodore Falls, we had missed our 35th Wedding Anniversary and I was still recovering from my heart attack, and having three days of R&R.

We caught the bus in to Keswick at 6.00pm, back to the hotel at 10.30 to find cars being moved out of the car park and the cellars being pumped out.

Next day we drove over Honister to Buttermere, had a walk and started driving home to listen to reports of the area flooding almost as we left and the A591 collapsing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The power of water and the destruction it causes is frightening
I was just looking at some videos of past flooding round here...

One of the comments asks why the cars were parked in the river - I'm assuming that was a joke! Obviously that was actually a quiet side street coming down off the hillside. There is normally a tiny stream nearby but it turned into a raging torrent after a lengthy deluge on the hills above.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning peeps.
What a dreadful start to the day :sad:.
Made my coffee only to find we have no milk......oh woe is me:blush::angry:.
So United Utilities came. He gave me a ref number so I could phone for free drinking water.
Phoned to be told they don't offer such a service :wacko:.
After much discussion I was promised a call by end of the day...... I am still waiting :rolleyes:.

Top Bottom