The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Glad I had finished my lunch. Lol. They are usually needing their anal glands emptying when they do that. Not a pleasant job! No wonder most people take their pooches to the vet to get it done. :laugh:

Really windy here now but still sunny.

classic33

Leg End Member
This not so small island was ok during lockdown as access was restricted but the instant restrictions were lifted the flood of tourists started and has increased ever since.
I am now very restricted as the only time I can get out on my trike is early morning as the volume of traffic on single track roads make forward movement during the day difficult. Some local cyclists I spoke to said the roads on the west side were dangerous as the traffic had no sense and would not stop in passing places and tried to overtake in impossible places. I can only go shopping in early morning at 7 o'clock to avoid the crowds although here there is a no mask no entry policy enforced and the police have had to attend on occasion.
Ferry travel which I would normally do about every two weeks is not possible due again to the volume of tourist traffic. Calmac have put in place a priority system for urgent hospital appointments but only for those who cannot get a car booking and only as a foot passenger with a taxi provided to and from hospital. I am really getting very depressed about the situation and have seriously thought of leaving my home of nearly 50 years and moving to the mainland. Mull was a nice place to live but not now.
Can you not ask questions, pointing out odd things such as the ferry timetable being abandoned. Why would they do that?

If it gets enough people thinking they might be stuck on an island, they may think twice about staying, let alone arriving in the first place.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Can you not ask questions, pointing out odd things such as the ferry timetable being abandoned. Why would they do that?

If it gets enough people thinking they might be stuck on an island, they may think twice about staying, let alone arriving in the first place.
That has happened and not deterred them and there are in fact 3 ferry routes so chances of getting completely stuck are remote unless really bad weather.
You are not allowed to criticise tourists on FB or say anything bad about them as the "we love all tourists regardless of how they behave" bunch pile on you and you get banned by the mods.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A bit like sandpaper.
I have tried sandpaper of various grades but nothing works. My bum is nice and smooth though ^_^

pawl

Legendary Member
Is that Pooley Bridge ?

I don’t know if any of the bridges are named.I walked from the old Keswick railway station to Threkeld
Believe the rout is part of the coast to coast route Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the area could advise on the current state on this section.
If memory serves me correct Pooley bridge is in the area near Windermere

Keswick bridge is the name of the site wher the time shares are situated If you you know Keswick it is close to the leisure centre and the old railway station and the adjacent hotel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom