The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Still a bit cool here

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's a bit frustrating suffering from insomnia and being so dark in the mornings now...
I've got the same problem, only at the other end of the day! I am often not getting to sleep until nearly 05:00 and then don't sleep well, so I am knackered when I finally drag myself out of bed at 10:00-11:00 and do not feel like immediately going out for a bike ride.

I often leave my rides until the evening, which is really nice in the summer, but the nights are drawing in now. I went out at 18:30 yesterday and the light was already fading as I headed home at 19:45. I switched my front light on and reached round to do the rear one, only to find that it had fallen off! The lights were Lidl bargain buys, little be-seen-by LED lights with stretchy loops to attach them to the bike. I had damaged the loop on the rear light and had anticipated that it might fail so I had added a rubber band for extra security. Next time, I will use a stronger rubber band! :laugh:

I dug out my old head torch from the back of my spares drawer. It has an optional red light so I will use that for a rear light until I buy a replacement for the lost one.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, there's no stopping me now. I put a new chain on my Roubaix last week and now put on a new chain on the Cube earlier on. Next will be my Specialized Allez . I am also keeping a record on my mileage for each one just to see how long the chains last. They are Sram chains by the way.

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
I'd like to give flowers to my Ex :evil:

I dread to think what that occasion may be.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Back from a habitual 40 mile loop of the Lang Whang and Livingston, more sunshine than I was expecting, 13 rising to 15 degrees. Feeling fresh and autumnal. Very pleasant. Quite a few cyclists out, mostly in ones and twos. Biggest group I saw numbered four.

"Lang Whang"? Isn't that where @Mo1959 cycles going by the Strava route she posted 😁

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The stuck seatpost has been liberally dosed in penetrating oil. Lets see what happens in a few hours time.:training:
After some huffing and puffing, a few loud clicks and some squealing the seat post emerged.
All cleaned and greased, ready to be re-inserted.

Top Bottom