The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I do hope you lot are behaving yourselves. It'll make a nice change. :laugh:

Is this lot capable of behaving themselves? ^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
First coffee been drunk, now what to do for the rest of the day, a bike ride for sure at some point. We were supposed to be going on holiday next Friday, I thought I would be feeling more regret about not going, got to find something else to spend the money on I guess, any idea's.

Drago

Legendary Member
Like a mushroom cloud ovver Hiroshima, I have risen!

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. It looks miserable outside. I'm awake but hope to nap soon so have decamped to the spare room.

Mrs P is sleeping, it is her birthday. Hopefully I have been successful. Yesterday ensured No.2 son provided two bottles of her favourite prosecco. I have a bottle of Jo Malone cucumber and earl grey eau de cologne plus some handmade earrings. No.1 has invited us for lunch........I forgot to remind No.3 son. This may lead to my downfall.

Had a great ride yesterday. One of those rides when everything clicked for the three of us. All cooking with gas. We took in The Nab as it's known locally - real name Whalley Nab, 175 in top UK climbs, a brute - at one point three of us pushing up a 30% gradient three abreast, no one giving an inch, over 0.7 mile averaging 10.4% :eek: I got 07.30, the other two 07:26. I'm now third in age group on The Nab.

Unsure about the rest of the day but now 😴 beckons

D

Deleted member 1258

:hello: Good morning folks, cool, bright, sunny and calm this morning, the family will be here later, eldest lad goes back home tonight, we went down to Stratford On Avon for lunch yesterday then called in to see my Sister In Law on the way back.

D

Deleted member 1258

Good morning. It looks miserable outside. I'm awake but hope to nap soon so have decamped to the spare room.

Mrs P is sleeping, it is her birthday. Hopefully I have been successful. Yesterday ensured No.2 son provided two bottles of her favourite prosecco. I have a bottle of Jo Malone cucumber and earl grey eau de cologne plus some handmade earrings. No.1 has invited us for lunch........I forgot to remind No.3 son. This may lead to my downfall.

Had a great ride yesterday. One of those rides when everything clicked for the three of us. All cooking with gas. We took in The Nab as it's known locally - real name Whalley Nab, 175 in top UK climbs, a brute - at one point three of us pushing up a 30% gradient three abreast, no one giving an inch, over 0.7 mile averaging 10.4% :eek: I got 07.30, the other two 07:26. I'm now third in age group on The Nab.

Unsure about the rest of the day but now 😴 beckons

Happy Birthday to Mrs P, hope she has a great day. :birthday: :cheers:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Looks like the wind has finally dropped so I'll be off for an early trot before the Prom starts getting too busy. If I remember I'll turn on tracking on my Garmin watch and try to emulate @Mo1959 by running a route that results in a rude drawing 😁

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏊‍♂️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍆

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning fellow retirees,

Looks like the wind has finally dropped so I'll be off for an early trot before the Prom starts getting too busy. If I remember I'll turn on tracking on my Garmin watch and try to emulate @Mo1959 by running a route that results in a rude drawing 😁

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏊‍♂️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍆
I am sure our Mo doesn't mean to do it. Its just on her mind as she runs and her sub conscious just sort of takes over :wacko:

Top Bottom