The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, Donnie for brekkie again today.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's a bit frustrating suffering from insomnia and being so dark in the mornings now..........can't get out. Lol. Fancied a mountain bike bimble for a change but can't be bothered swapping the light bracket over and not sure I fancy off road just lit by a bike light anyway, so it's either wait till it's daylight and busier or just stick the light on the hybrid again and just do roads.......or a head torch jog. Gosh, all these decisions at this time in the morning. :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

A restless night but a sunny day ahead. We're planning on visiting the local Market which reopens today for the first time since lockdown.
We'll play it by ear and bale out if things feel uncomfortable.
Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🚶‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏊‍♂️🚴‍♀️🌞

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The climbing legs can't be as bad as I thought. 2 QOM's! :laugh:

Not far but a good workout.
Screenshot 2020-09-05 at 07.21.35.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
Another day another dollar.
Yesterday was, shall I say, interesting.
Daughters hubby walked out of his job. We love him like a son and will help as much as possible. He worked as a "do everything" for a multi millionaire who demanded more and more until it imploded.
We were due to have the granddaughter while they went on holiday but she has some anxiety problems so is now going with them.
Our son (early 40s) got engaged. They run a pub/restaurant with 8 guest rooms. We hope this works.
AND........other news......I ate a full meal^_^.
Only a micro chinese sweet n sour from Asda but the 1st full meal for months and I scoffed the lot. I hope its the iron tablets working.
Today we plan cottage pie with broccoli (not eaten veg for months and I used to love it).
Onwards and upwards peeps^_^.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
A nice bright, sunny start to the day here.
A quick trip to Halfords this morning for some penetrating oil as the seat post is stuck on my Audax bike. It might be a bit of a job to free it.
MrsP is off to St. Albans, she needs a new pair of walking shoes, so is going to Cotwolds as they do a range in half sizes.
That leaves me free to watch the tour. ^_^

Top Bottom