The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Ive popped in there occasionally with a bit of mundane nonsense.

classic33

Leg End Member
And that one is full of uninteresting Crap Twaddle.
This one is for the more mature, intellectual, intelligent, good looking members ^_^^_^^_^
You mean such as myself!
Front 1.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, got us both booked in for a swim at 8.45am first one for 6 months, it will not be easy as I find it hard after a layoff.

PaulSB

Squire
Morning everyone. It's cloudy with the occassional bit of sun peeking through the cloud. Very still.

Today we are walking a section of the Witton Weavers Way - Witton is an area of Blackburn which used to house many cotton mills. Our target is to walk the length of the circular walk in stages over the coming months.

Currently drinking :cuppa: and catching up on episodes of The Bridge Mrs P has watched but I haven't. Can't work out how this has happened. Then will be time to make our picnic and do a few light domestics before we set off.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Sipping my first coffee of the day and watching a coupe of hardy swimmer braving the waters of the Firth of Forth.
A walk in to town is planned as Mrs Tenkay wants to go shopping for clothes.

Walking up the Royal Mile yesterday we passed a couple of the tourist shops selling Scottish memorabilia. Seeing all the various Tartans started a train of thought. @Drago has told us of his Scottish ancestors, perhaps his Y fronts are in Clan Drago Tartan, the coarse woollen weave having woven itself into his body hair over a period of time, making their removal nigh on impossible.🤔

Any musings on the design of the Tartan?

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🏊‍♂️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

oldwheels

Legendary Member
First of all.....thank you all for your best wishes.
Scan is complete and shows everything is fine (apart from one dead kidney which happened during my cancer op).
Problem is I am no nearer to the cause of the problems.
Whatever it is affects both of us.
We have an inspector coming Tuesday to test our water supply in case there is somehow any contamination.
I have had one kidney since 1981 so you can survive on one no problem.

Top Bottom