The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
First of all.....thank you all for your best wishes.
Scan is complete and shows everything is fine (apart from one dead kidney which happened during my cancer op).
Problem is I am no nearer to the cause of the problems.
Whatever it is affects both of us.
We have an inspector coming Tuesday to test our water supply in case there is somehow any contamination.
Great news Dave. Very pleased to read this.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm back I rode over to Twycross this afternoon, got 41 miles in, not the nicest ride I've done but it was getting quite warm bright and breezy towards the end, I wore tights and a winter jacket, which was fine on the way out when it was cool cloudy and breezy but I was over dressed towards the end. The last few miles was like being back on the commute again, I rode down Smorral Lane, turned right onto Heath Road and I was onto the commuter route I used when I worked in Nuneaton. I got to the point where I had to turn right for home and I looked at my computer and I was on 39 miles, I couldn't resist and continued down Holbrooks lane then turned right into Rotherham road, then crossed Beake Avenue and turned into Glentworth Avenue, crossed Halford lane and turned down Keresley Brook Road onto Bennets Road then turned right for home down the far end of Penny Park Lane. Not the ride I had planned, but it was too grotty this morning, but the afternoon was pleasant, apart from the strong wind and I got a good ride in.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

First of all.....thank you all for your best wishes.
Scan is complete and shows everything is fine (apart from one dead kidney which happened during my cancer op).
Problem is I am no nearer to the cause of the problems.
Whatever it is affects both of us.
We have an inspector coming Tuesday to test our water supply in case there is somehow any contamination.

So good and bad news at the same time, its good they found nothing but its bad as you're no nearer finding the problem, which is frustrating, It took ages and many doctors and hospital visits to diagnose one of my Good Ladies problems, which annoyed the hell out of both of us.

My mum told us about a headless horseman riding around the Scottish glens, a highlander beheaded in a battle but whose body had not yet fallen from his horse. The horse charged about in a panic with the body still astride it! :eek:
When I was riding the famous Daylight 600 audax back in the day I definitely heard a clanging sound as I crossed the bridge at Ballachulish in the dark of the early hours. I learned later that in the 1750’s the body of the man (probably falsely) executed for the Appin murder was left to hang in chains for many months, clanging in the wind, on this very spot :eek:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Black bean and mushroom casserole, red onion and tomato salad and naan bread.

Scrumptious!
Reminds me of a funny, true, story.
Many years ago some friends invited us for tea.
Tea turned out to be black beans in molasses baked for 12 hours.
It smelled as bad as it sounds.
It tasted even worse.
After maybe a minute they said "right....this goes in the bin"....which it did
She quickly knocked up a salad.
I like salad and scoffed mine while MrsD played around with hers.
Me..... are you not eating that?
MrsD.....no, not really hungry.
Me....ok, I will eat yours. yum yum.
When we got home MrsD told me.....she couldn't eat it as it was crawling with flies:eek:.
45 years later I am still alive ^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
Salad, anyone?

235489__52495.1342530990.380.500.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
When I was riding the famous Daylight 600 audax back in the day I definitely heard a clanging sound as I crossed the bridge at Ballachulish in the dark of the early hours. I learned later that in the 1750’s the body of the man (probably falsely) executed for the Appin murder was left to hang in chains for many months, clanging in the wind, on this very spot :eek:
The headless horseman is allegedly to be seen in Glen More on Mull.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Blimey! 3500 pages already.
Don't seen like yesterday that we made it to 3000. :ohmy:

Top Bottom