The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The condemned man ate a hearty breakfast (was it Kipling who said that ?).
Just enjoyed cheese, ham and tomato toasty. Can't have anything now till after my scan at 1600 :wacko:

Good luck Dave👍

screenman

Legendary Member
Good day all you nice people.
Today I go for my body scan.
The blood test showed up some problems with a couple of the organs.
Have to confess I am bricking it. Torn between needing to know and not wanting to know.
Add to that... its a fasting scan and I don't have it till 1600 :sad:. Good job I have a poor appetite at present.

All the best wishes from me as well.

classic33

Leg End Member
Forecast is for rain and strong winds again and the only decent day looks to be next Sunday and then back to showers every day at best as far as the forecast goes.
Bread on to rise and may try a short walk later.
A kind of sad day again locally as MV Dawn Treader a creel boat which was built in Girvan for a local man 32 years ago has been sold and is leaving this morning for Orkney looking as fresh as the day she arrived. She featured in many tourist pictures alongside a sister ship MV Jacobite owned by his twin brother.
med_gallery_55_54_1323697678_234.jpg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Just did one of those online tests “how long before you die”
it said I will be 91 years old:sad:
I was hoping it would say
“are you still here” :laugh:

Tenkaykev

Guru
The condemned man ate a hearty breakfast (was it Kipling who said that ?).
Just enjoyed cheese, ham and tomato toasty. Can't have anything now till after my scan at 1600 :wacko:

Best of luck Dave, hope all goes well.

( I was on a 48 hour fast once and went for a walk to keep me distracted from thoughts of food. Of course my route took me past the local chippie, pizza place and Indian takeaway...)

Top Bottom