The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I thought it was a garage. I had no idea you were going to be using it for hosting tea parties for the royal family ^_^

Some of those are commoners now, I am not lowering my standards just got them.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Automated system for prescription reordering on the phone. Listening to a "voice" that is getting the medication names wrong, and having to guess if it's the correct one. One of those available I'm no longer on.

Review needed for one, can only be carried out face to face, so it's not on the available list. Requires a seperate call to be able to get it authorised, then back through the automated system to order the other.
After blood tests I got a phone call from the Doc telling me she had prescribed "something" for me......I could collect from chemist.
Problem.
She is foreign. Nice lady and I can understand her face to face. Over the phone......no chance.
So I had to speak to the pharmacist to ask what I was actually about to take.
Answer......iron supplement. Ahh, with how I am feeling that makes sense.
Strange thing, she has prescribed 3 months having previously told me that 2 months is the max the gov' will allow to prevent stockpiling.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Dave7

Legendary Member
I tried. It still went to sleep at 8 last night. Years ago, my boss worked on the basis of one day to recover from each hour of time difference. We were 7 hours ahead so on that basis I should be back on UK time in a week.
I did find the emergency kettle last night, so tea and coffee are on the menu thjs morning.
I must be in Australia......I fall asleep at 8 every night.:wacko:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I tried. It still went to sleep at 8 last night. Years ago, my boss worked on the basis of one day to recover from each hour of time difference. We were 7 hours ahead so on that basis I should be back on UK time in a week.
I did find the emergency kettle last night, so tea and coffee are on the menu thjs morning.
When I cam back from Perth, on the non stop flight, I managed to get over 5 hours sleep on the plane. It leaves Perth at 20.45 arrives London 05.30. A 17 hour flight, with a 10 hour time difference.
I stayed awake as long as possible that day but had to give in at about 8.30 in the evening. I awoke quite early, 4.00 ish, but did the same routine again. By day 3 I was more or less back in sync with British time. It was late November by then so dark early.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all virus dodgers .
A grey, damp start to the day here.
I'll be out on the bike later shopping for a few bits and pieces and then watching the tour. I hope it a bit more exciting than yesterday's stage. Most of the action happened after the stage had finished.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day all you nice people.
Today I go for my body scan.
The blood test showed up some problems with a couple of the organs.
Have to confess I am bricking it. Torn between needing to know and not wanting to know.
Add to that... its a fasting scan and I don't have it till 1600 :sad:. Good job I have a poor appetite at present.

Top Bottom