The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Morning all... Today I'm going to be ruthless, (see what I did there) and here's my garage. This is before, and in a couple of months I'll show you the after, no point in rushing! :smile:...

View attachment 544946
Knife could do with a clean.
What's behind/beyond the wall at the far end. Someone's been checking.

Properly wet and windy now, glad I got my ride in this morning before it got going properly. Caught a good SW tailwind on the way home, boosted my average to 14.5 mph, usually I’m below 14 on that bike. (Steel Croix de Fer, rack, mudguards, 32mm Panaracer Paselas.)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No PB win for me this time. I always get an email when I win so I just check when I win to see how much. All of my wins so far have just been £25. I only tend to win about once a year now my £6k+ holding has been reduced to less than £1k.

What might turn out to be profitable is that I woke up (after a poor quality 4 hours of sleep!) with an idea for a spooky story. (I enter lots of competitions and tend to do well on ones that require creative writing. Over the past few years I have won about £5,000 worth of prizes!) Yesterday, I had spotted a competition to win £500. The challenge is to write a spooky, supernatural story in less than 1,200 words. I wasn't going to bother but waking up with an interesting idea (with a cycling twist!) seems like a good omen. That is my task for this afternoon since I want a break from puzzle game development and rain will soon have stopped cycling play.

If any of you fancy having a go at the competition, see the details below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you like ghost stories? Do you have an idea for a spine-tingling
spooky tale to enjoy by the fireside? Then why not put pen to paper
and take a shot at our Autumn short story competition.

We are looking for stories (maximum of 1,200 words) that have a
supernatural theme - the spookier the better!

Send your story along with your name, email address and phone
number to bestfiction2020@hearst.co.uk with "best fiction 2020" in
the subject line.

Closes midnight 15 Sept 2020

Entries will be judged by 5 October and a winner, plus 2 runners-up
will be picked shortly afterwards, chosen by a team at Best.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
No PB win for me this time. I always get an email when I win so I just check when I win to see how much. All of my wins so far have just been £25. I only tend to win about once a year now my £6k+ holding has been reduced to less than £1k.

What might turn out to be profitable is that I woke up (after a poor quality 4 hours of sleep!) with an idea for a spooky story. (I enter lots of competitions and tend to do well on ones that require creative writing. Over the past few years I have won about £5,000 worth of prizes!) Yesterday, I had spotted a competition to win £500. The challenge is to write a spooky, supernatural story in less than 1,200 words. I wasn't going to bother but waking up with an interesting idea (with a cycling twist!) seems like a good omen. That is my task for this afternoon since I want a break from puzzle game development and rain will soon have stopped cycling play.

If any of you fancy having a go at the competition, see the details below:

Do you like ghost stories? Do you have an idea for a spine-tingling
spooky tale to enjoy by the fireside? Then why not put pen to paper
and take a shot at our Autumn short story competition.

We are looking for stories (maximum of 1,200 words) that have a
supernatural theme - the spookier the better!

Send your story along with your name, email address and phone
number to bestfiction2020@hearst.co.uk with "best fiction 2020" in
the subject line.

Closes midnight 15 Sept 2020

Entries will be judged by 5 October and a winner, plus 2 runners-up
will be picked shortly afterwards, chosen by a team at Best.

How about Boris and Trump ruling the free world. 😰

Top Bottom