The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all fellow retirees.
Another bright start to the day.
The usual dog walking and then out on the bike for a bit before meeting my son for a burrito at lunchtime.
Yesterday, out on the old Falcon, twice the chain jumped off of the biggest cog at the back and got jammed between the freewheel and the hub. I adjusted the stop screw after the first time, but obviously not enough. I put a different rear wheel on it a week back, this was the first proper ride on it . And then on the way back a nut and bolt came loose from the front mudguard stay and fell off. :laugh:
All fixed now though and ready for action today. Vintage bikes eh, who'd have them.:whistle:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Back down to the caravan again this morning to give it a good clean, inside and out, and restock all the consumables.
Might drop into the GT Ales brewery whilst I'm down there.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all. Bright and sunny here with rain due at 1400 and in for the day.
Didn't get to M&S yesterday as the planting took longer than expected......so that is planned for this morning.
We got into the winter planting malarky so plan to get some more for outside the conservatory........maybe get them on the way back.
Lofts :wacko:.
Ours is (I think) half full of old cardboard boxes which I kept for various reasons. The other half is our daughter and SiLs camping gear thats been up there at least 10+ years.
We seem to be a storage depot for them.

screenman

Legendary Member
The garage floor saga continues, the paint applied yesterday has dried a bit too matt for my liking, so it looks like it will be spending some money after all and repainting again, if the paint gets much thicker I will have to raise the ceiling up.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looked out at my usual time this morning and rain lashing down. Thank goodness I went shopping yesterday as standing in the rain is bad enough but the wind blows straight off the sea at the coop.
Calmac are sending text messages warning of disruption due to high winds but nothing in the forecast looks that bad here. I think they use a station at Tiree for their forecasts. Those from Tiree on the mainland can be recognised easily as they all have a 45 degree lean forward due to lack of wind on the mainland..
My usual cycle route is closed anyway today due to roadworks for 3 days. Probably find copious gravel spread everywhere when I get back.
My wife used to commute to Dervaig on that road as the teacher and had her only bump meeting somebody coming the other way on loose gravel. She had times up to rally standards on that route.

Last edited:
Top Bottom