The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Wish you hadn’t said that Haven’t been in the loft for some time Must have been Christmas when put the crimbo decs away Only lifted the lid and pushed then in .I now for certain there’s a load of stuff up there will never get used again.pots pans crockery.Rolls of wall paper She who shall be obeyed insists we might need them Did come across an old Carradice saddle bag complete with a cape strapped on .And lo and behold a set of panniers. Last used aprox fifty yers ago on a cycling camping trip to France

Our last house was a Victorian 3 up, 2 down with the third bedroom on the 2nd floor alongside the loft, we put a door in at the top of the stairs to give us access to the loft then boarded the loft and used it for storage, what came out of there when we moved out was amazing.

pawl

Legendary Member
Pictures

I’ll try and remember when I do my annual ascent to the loft to dig out the Xmas decorations[

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Tonight's North Devon sunset. :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
Tonight's North Devon sunset. :smile:

View attachment 544913
There's the "Devon Nessie" in that picture!
IMG_20200901_225221.jpg

PaulSB

Squire
Wish you hadn’t said that Haven’t been in the loft for some time Must have been Christmas when put the crimbo decs away Only lifted the lid and pushed then in .I now for certain there’s a load of stuff up there will never get used again.pots pans crockery.Rolls of wall paper She who shall be obeyed insists we might need them Did come across an old Carradice saddle bag complete with a cape strapped on .And lo and behold a set of panniers. Last used aprox fifty yers ago on a cycling camping trip to France
Ah, the loft. Now my garage may be an embarrassing tip but my loft? Different story.

We have a loft conversion with cupboards on both sides which go as far back as possible. Access is not easy but I can tell you exactly which box contains what, every box is labelled.

Doesn't eliminate the crap we store but at least I know exactly what crap we have and where it is! :laugh:

PaulSB

Squire
In the local news, front page byline and full half page inside. A lady is appealing a £100 and 3 points fixed penalty for driving at 37mph in a 30 mph limit. The offence took place at 00.30.

Lancashire police have already refused her appeal which she is taking to the local Magistrate's Court.

The driver is appealing on the grounds she was rushing a badly injured hedgehog to the local rescue centre. The hedgehog died ten days later.

There's a lot going on in Chorley.......

In the local news, front page byline and full half page inside. A lady is appealing a £100 and 3 points fixed penalty for driving at 37mph in a 30 mph limit. The offence took place at 00.30.

Lancashire police have already refused her appeal which she is taking to the local Magistrate's Court.

The driver is appealing on the grounds she was rushing a badly injured hedgehog to the local rescue centre. The hedgehog died ten days later.

There's a lot going on in Chorley.......
Go on then, I'll bite - has to be a joke in it.
Q. What's the difference between a hedgehog and a Magistrates Court?
A. With a hedgehog, the pricks are on the outside :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
Morning all, it is extremely dark outside this morning. On the subjects of lofts when I built this house I put in 6 loft hatches to make storage use of the dormer bits Pam has filled 5 of them with I know not what. The airing cupboard is another story, huge great thing double doors from the front but also access through from behind in another room, I feel we could stock Dunelms from there.

Top Bottom