The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Yes, it's totally out of order, I see the new trend now is to discard face masks on the floor... :angry:
And tissues along with nappies, and all the usual bottle, can, plastic waste of all kinds. I have said before that across my local fields I and a few others have been picking up the rubbish strewn in the bushes and across the fields. The council upped the bin collections, but most of it was not in the bins.:sad:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Nice morning and down for shopping at 0700 to find the council in their wisdom have decided to cause more chaos by replacing the seafront railings and blocking off all parking anywhere near the coop at a particularly busy time of year. Forgot to get carrots but I am not going back down again today.
We have two FB pages here, one run by and for recent incomers and the "we love all tourists regardless of their bad behaviour" groupies.
The other does moderate a bit but his morning a guy I know is in full flow after his dog rolled twice in human excrement in the local forest park and rudely awakened and ejected 8 campers from beside the No Camping sign at 0600. He was a ships officer and is able to put on the voice of authority and also much colourful language. The local bus route has also been blocked since they ignore No Parking signs and just hope there is not a fire anywhere near as the fire engine would not get past either.
That is the mildest bits and there is much more.
A house just along has turned into an AirB&B and they park one vehicle occupying 2 spaces so those who live here are beginning to hate tourists even more.
Nice to have a good rant first thing to set me up for the day.

A friend who lives in a cul de sac with a footpath leading to woodland leading off is plagued with people parking both sides of the narrow road.
A fire crew came down on an exercise and one of the officers told him that if there was a fire and lives were at risk they would just plough through the parked vehicles.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A friend who lives in a cul de sac with a footpath leading to woodland leading off is plagued with people parking both sides of the narrow road.
A fire crew came down on an exercise and one of the officers told him that if there was a fire and lives were at risk they would just plough through the parked vehicles.

Good for them

aferris2

Guru
QF1, or via Singapore or Dubai?
No. Doha with Qatar airways. They are the only reliable airline flying from Perth. The others seem more interested in cancelling your flight and keeping hold of the money (ie you just get a voucher). The stop in Doha means we have to do our 14 days at home, but that seems a sensible thing even if you can fly via a "safe" country.

classic33

Leg End Member
No. Doha with Qatar airways. They are the only reliable airline flying from Perth. The others seem more interested in cancelling your flight and keeping hold of the money (ie you just get a voucher). The stop in Doha means we have to do our 14 days at home, but that seems a sensible thing even if you can fly via a "safe" country.
Think you'd have to do the 14 days anyway, coming from Australia.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We need tourists especially now, but it has to be said that their behaviour is often quite disgusting. Bags of dog poo all over the place and other quite horrendous stuff.

Their road skills leave a lot to be desired as well. Good job I don't often have to go to town.

The other day, someone who is staying at a holiday home in the village had a yappy terrier with them that went for Mr WD as he walked down the lane. The owner saw that Mr WD was about to hit the dog with his fist and quickly pulled it back. Good job there were no kids about as it could have attacked them.:sad:
I think Mr WD would have been arrested if he had attacked kids.

Top Bottom