The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've been watching a film tonight, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, a bit of an uncomfortable watch in a couple of places, but interesting and better than a lot of them you find on the internet, I'm going to watch the final hour tomorrow.
I tried to read the book but gave up. The guy that loaned it to me said you have to stick at it.......but I just couldn't.
Tried the film but also gave up on that.

PaulSB

Squire
I've been watching a film tonight, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, a bit of an uncomfortable watch in a couple of places, but interesting and better than a lot of them you find on the internet, I'm going to watch the final hour tomorrow.
Enjoyed all three. Very good.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning all on a bright, sunny and still Lancashire day. Only 10C at the moment but promises a ovely day. At 9.00 I'm taking my old and decrepit body out for a bike ride ;) - check other threads. When I return who knows what joy the day will bring - housework I suspect but at least it isn't my turn to cook.

Enjoy and may your tomatoes rippen well...............................

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A good sleep last night. So good I have not woken up yet:wacko:.
Think I am being dragged off to M&S this morning. MrsD has this idea (i hope she is right) that some ready meals might hit the spot as neither of us can face cooking.
After that we have the rest of the winter plants to put in AND I have nearly finished clearing out the junk from the garage**
**anybody else do this........have 'stuff' that will never be used but too good to throw away eg inner tubes of sizes I will never need again.
Well I have thrown it away now ^_^

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Morning all.
Think I am being dragged off to M&S this morning. MrsD has this idea (i hope she is right) that some ready meals might hit the spot as neither of us can face cooking.
After that we have the rest of the winter plants to put in AND I have nearly finished clearing out the junk from the garage**
**anybody else do this........have 'stuff' that will never be used but too good to throw away eg inner tubes of sizes I will never need again.
OH NO you'll need some of that stuff next week or the week after , if it's not to late ,retrieve it from the bin now .

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Morning all.

Mr WD never throws anything away. He is a hoarder. I am not :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Morning all.

I've got half a shed full of stuff that the rest of the family won't let me throw away, though its not moved for a dozen years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all, got halfway through painting the garage floor yesterday and decided I do not like the colour so off to the Dulux shop today for a different pot of paint.
Finished mine 2 weeks ago. To make it easy I went with a similar red to what was already down.

Top Bottom