The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have always put my car away at night, except for the current Volvo that doesn't fit in the garage. Well, that's not quite true - it does fit, but having to climb in and out of the sunroof gets a bit tiresome.

My neighbour has a double garage. It's full of worthless sheet, while his £150,000 Aston Martin gets covered in guano on the driveway.
Blimey, you live in a posh area then. :laugh:

12boy

Guru
I also am disgusted by the crap buttheads leave behind, and further angered by broken bottles in the street. A pox on them all and may they all go to the special hell reserved for child molesters and those who talk loudly in movie theaters. BTW, when I first came to Wyoming someone asked me if l knew what the state flower was. I guessed Indian Paintbrush? Nope, he said....it's a Wal-Mart bag in a tree.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A friend who lives in a cul de sac with a footpath leading to woodland leading off is plagued with people parking both sides of the narrow road.
A fire crew came down on an exercise and one of the officers told him that if there was a fire and lives were at risk they would just plough through the parked vehicles.
I have met my local fire engines on their way out to a shout while out cycling and once 50 miles away as they cover the whole island. On a single track on the bike dive for the ditch and in my van up the verge which fortunately happened to be wide enough.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I think Mr WD would have been arrested if he had attacked kids.
How did we ever exist without tourists? The Isle of Mull managed very well with a sprinkle of visitors until it was taken over by outsiders more interested in pushing their own ideas than any interest in the welfare of the existing community. The rot started with the introduction of Sea Eagles who are now fed by some of the tour operators to give their punters a photo op.

screenman

Legendary Member
Prior to repainting, for those that have not seen it before.
IMG_20200430_114656.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
That’s not a proper garage It’s photo from Home andGardens

Where are all the half empty paint tins.Pieces of wood that are kept because they may be useful 🤥😀😀😀
hahaha.
I assure you......they were all there 2 weeks ago. I had a mass clear out into the hall (MrsD was not happy:whistle:).
Most of it has been binned now. Needs a other hour and some serious head scratching and we are good to go ^_^

Top Bottom