The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Shame you binned the plants. Many a good tomato was grown at sewage plants.
They may have grown at sewage plants ,did anyone eat them . Mrs kog and I did consider keeping the plants , but neither of us liked the possibility of spending several hours calling Hughie and Ralph down the big white telephone.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Still 5 or 6 hours to go for the night shift! It was gone 04:30 before I got to sleep this morning, but then I struggle to wake up much before 10:30...

That's what comes of not having to synchronise with anyone else. I can work on the computer any time of day or night and tend to drift into this owl mode.

When I have bike rides organised with other people that tends to keep my sleep pattern vaguely sensible but Covid-19 knocked that on the head this year!

PS I'll give Strike a go once I have finished watching my current shows.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been watching a film tonight, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, a bit of an uncomfortable watch in a couple of places, but interesting and better than a lot of them you find on the internet, I'm going to watch the final hour tomorrow.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've been watching a film tonight, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, a bit of an uncomfortable watch in a couple of places, but interesting and better than a lot of them you find on the internet, I'm going to watch the final hour tomorrow.
The original Swedish one, or the American remake?

I've seen the original Swedish trilogy and liked them, but as you say - uncomfortable viewing! Noomi Rapace was very good as Lisbeth Salander, but I've read that her character is softened for the remake, whereas the character of Mikael Blomkvist is toughened up by Daniel Craig. I'll have to watch the remake to see what I make of it.

Top Bottom