The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good day and it looks as though it will be. Sky is completely clear and there isn't a breath of wind. Only 7⁰C though........:cold:

I have noted a certain amount of fun was had at my expense yesterday. This time I'll ignore it but I do expect better from you all.............

Today will be challenging. We are going to Great Dun Fell. This is a nice little 50+ mile circular route in Cumbria which starts at Orton, near Penrith so a bit of a drive first. Good flat route with only one hill.

To quote Simon Warren, Britain's Greatest Cycling Climbs:

"This is the greatest climb in England, this is our Mont Ventoux, it has no peers, there is no comparison: Great Dun Fell is simply unique."

Hopefully a first for me.......:hello::hello:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good morning folks. A tad brisk as they say.:hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

Watched the TDF highlights on ITV4 last night. It's probably an indication of the growing popularity of cycling but the amount of adverts has certainly increased.

While I did enjoy it, there wasn't the same level of engagement for me, I miss the days of Cav and Wiggo, and without Geraint or Froome it just felt a bit flat. Still, early days, mountains ahead⛰️⛰️

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏊‍♂️

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning all.
A cold start but sunny day.....heating is on and its August:wacko:
Enjoy your rides Paul & GM.
Mo, I watched some of the TdF.....those pile ups looked nasty.
Big decisions yesterday......lots of good sport on TV so was forced to flick channels a bit which I don't like doing. BUT I managed to watch my team lose to Arsenal:sad:.
Today I have more plant planting (see what I did there).
No idea what else is in store for when (MrsD) decides to get out of bed.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have risen!

Good morning fellow retirees,

Watched the TDF highlights on ITV4 last night. It's probably an indication of the growing popularity of cycling but the amount of adverts has certainly increased.

While I did enjoy it, there wasn't the same level of engagement for me, I miss the days of Cav and Wiggo, and without Geraint or Froome it just felt a bit flat. Still, early days, mountains ahead⛰⛰

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏊‍♂️
Did you watch the women’s one day race earlier in the day ? I’m not going to say where she finished but Lizzie Deignan is looking good after maternity leave followed by lockdown.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning everyone.
The sun is shining, all is well.
This morning we are re arranging the spare room . The bed is going to the small room ready for our daughters bed, she has bought a new one, to arrive on tuesday to go in the large spare bedroom. Keep up at the back, questions will be asked later.😀
Then out for a quick ride before the tour starts :bicycle:.
A bottle of Malbec will help the evening mellow.
We watched "The Green Mile " last night. What a great film. I had it recorded from last December. Has Tom Hanks ever made a duff film?

Top Bottom