The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Bank Holiday Sunday morning doggie walk on our local beach that the Grockles don't know about.:secret:
Saunton Sands, just down the road, is rammed. :laugh:

Off for Sunday lunch after we've had a cuppa and change of clothing. :hungry:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not particularly. I think the gist of it is the first so many riders who take either a mountain section or a sprint section get points which tally up for the Polka Dot and Green jerseys.

Have to admit the timing of the finishing bunch confuses me a bit as so many seem to get the same time apart from the first few over the line. Lol
From what I read my understanding is they give points etc to the first few but the main bunch get the same time in order to prevent a mass charge with all the likely collisions.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Not particularly. I think the gist of it is the first so many riders who take either a mountain section or a sprint section get points which tally up for the Polka Dot and Green jerseys.

Have to admit the timing of the finishing bunch confuses me a bit as so many seem to get the same time apart from the first few over the line. Lol
It is very easy, have been following it since late 1950's but don't have time to explain at the moment as just got back from my ride, 21 miles with 13% gradients, so off for a shower now and then TdF, combined with a bit of painting.
Roads are packed around here and so are the car parks close to beaches. Is Covid a thing of the past? It seems like it for many careless people.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I see your beans and raise you a.........

View attachment 544346
Not bad for £5.50. :okay:
Excellent value. Looks good!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I settled down to watch ITV 4 for the British Touring Car racing from Knockhill but found the TDF.

Eventually found the car racing on ITV 2. Exciting, close and sometimes on two wheels.
Will have to alternate between the two, but it’ll get complicated when the cricket starts on BBC 1 later.
If you watch the cricket, you are guaranteed to fall asleep. :laugh:

Top Bottom