The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Re the plants we planted yesterday.
They were just small 'plugs' of winter pansies. They were not much to look at and being a novice I confess to being worried.
Just been down the garden and really could not believe the difference.
Overnight 75% of them seem to have flowered and they all look healthy.
I am a happy bunny ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Looked as though they could have done with studded tyres.
35mm ones

Tenkaykev

Guru
Did you watch the women’s one day race earlier in the day ? I’m not going to say where she finished but Lizzie Deignan is looking good after maternity leave followed by lockdown.

I missed that, I'll see what I can find on Catch Up.

Speaking of Women cyclists, Mrs Tenkay and I were out on our Brommies last Sunday, tootling down a country lane when a lady absolutely flew by on a CHPT3, pausing only to glance down at Mr Tenkays sparkly purple Brommie and shout "lovely colour" before vanishing into the distance🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Good morning. Blue sky and :sun:so far and hardly any wind so after walking Molly, I shall go for a 20 /25 miles ride ( sorry @Mo1959, far enough for me) and then TdF all afternoon although I have a sneaky suspicion that my services will be required by Mrs G to carry on painting the walls and skirting board this afternoon. :whistle:
I shall remain quiet and try to avoid the subject but I don't think it will work. :huh:

I missed that, I'll see what I can find on Catch Up.

Speaking of Women cyclists, Mrs Tenkay and I were out on our Brommies last Sunday, tootling down a country lane when a lady absolutely flew by on a CHPT3, pausing only to glance down at Mr Tenkays sparkly purple Brommie and shout "lovely colour" before vanishing into the distance🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️
Googles CHPT3, finds mostly clothing. Is a CHPT3 a souped up Brompton
? Like when Lotus put one of their engines in a Ford Cortina ?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Googles CHPT3, finds mostly clothing. Is a CHPT3 a souped up Brompton
? Like when Lotus put one of their engines in a Ford Cortina ?
Just had a look at the Brompton website.....seems to be a special version. Not sure how souped up it is though. Lol. https://www.brompton.com/bikes/special-editions/chpt3

Dave7

Legendary Member
Morning. A pleasant 32 miles round one of my favourite loops. Chilly, but not so much wind as yesterday so actually felt better.

I will plonk myself in front of the tv all afternoon again and watch the cycling. Can't be bothered with the local walks at the weekend anyway.
Mo.... do you understand all the scoring and points stuff ??
I have read it but it still leaves me mainly blank.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Mo.... do you understand all the scoring and points stuff ??
I have read it but it still leaves me mainly blank.
Not particularly. I think the gist of it is the first so many riders who take either a mountain section or a sprint section get points which tally up for the Polka Dot and Green jerseys.

Have to admit the timing of the finishing bunch confuses me a bit as so many seem to get the same time apart from the first few over the line. Lol

Tenkaykev

Guru
Bloody hell. What a price they are.:ohmy:

A friend purchased one when they came out last year. Evidently Brompton are something of a cult item in the Far East, with people individualising them with aftermarket parts such as Titanium seat posts and other fripperies :whistle: The " Special Editions" are quite sought after due to their limited availability.
When Coronavirus struck my friend lost all of his overtime and things were tight financially so he put his bike up for sale.
He sold it for £4K. He was offered 5K if he posted it, but being both cautious and wise he would only sell to someone willing to collect.
I've seen them on Ebay fetching £5-6K, some are new, still in the box which makes me think that there are people who purchased them as a sort of speculative investment.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Not particularly. I think the gist of it is the first so many riders who take either a mountain section or a sprint section get points which tally up for the Polka Dot and Green jerseys.

Have to admit the timing of the finishing bunch confuses me a bit as so many seem to get the same time apart from the first few over the line. Lol
As I understand it, if there is a measurable gap between groups crossing the line then they give different times between groups but not individually within the group. If there is a prang inside the final 3K then everyone involved in the prang is awarded the same time as the main finishing group who weren't involved in the prang, if that makes sense?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Out early again for a bimble on my usual route as tomorrow road resurfacing starts for 3 days and there are some spectacular dips which need levelled. Not a breath of wind and 7C but still midges are out. I usually stop for a couple of minutes at two favourite spots but not this morning due to midges. Busy for early on a Sunday, 4 cars, one van and a camper which is local.
The camp site has had a clearance and most of the motorhomes have gone and a few of the tents. Mebbe that is why the Lochaline ferry had to run a shuttle service yesterday to get them off. Corran ferry must be a nightmare.
9C when I got back home but sun is now out and still no wind.

Top Bottom