The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I struggle to recall work. Apart from Christmas and NYE I worked all Bank Holidays as they fell in peak season for us.
I worked every bank holiday on the railways, loads of engineering work so we were always rostered on. Too many people all going out thinking that they were going to have a great time. Congestion on the roads, crowded towns and beaches, rubbish weather. I was glad to work.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Never worked bank holidays.

I had a small fire last night. It was lovely.

D

Deleted member 1258

Some years ago when I had my first car I made the mistake of trying to get to Bourton On The Water on an August bank holiday Monday, we eventually gave up and ended up in a crammed Stratford On Avon, since then we've planned trips the week end before or the week end after.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
What's up with you lot? Are you all wimps? Central heating in August? You do know this is still summer for another 4 weeks. I am still wearing T shirts all day long and evenings. When it gets a bit cooler, maybe a jumper but far too early for central heating, besides, my pension can't afford it till winter starts or maybe French blood is warmer than yours?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Car dropped off to have suspension bushes done. Will pick it up at 5 pm.
Off for a stroll down to the village in a bit for some refreshment and to watch the Grockles streaming in...........it doesn't take much to occupy me. :laugh:

Morning all.
A fine start to the Bank Holiday weekend, raining, forecast most of the day and wind increasing to 20 mph gusting 35.
Can you remember when in work looking forward to Bank Holidays?
Bank holidays are very confused up here. Some employers use the English dates, some the Scottish dates, some regions have their own, the schools use a variety of holiday calendars that don’t necessarily line up with any of the employer’s dates, some employers have abandoned any notion of bank holidays altogether. Mrs F’s employer only recognises Christmas Day and New Years Day, if they want to take any other day off they have to take it out of their annual leave. Their leave entitlement was extended to make up for this.

Top Bottom