The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
That's why I stopped wearing bibs.......all the faff for a pee. I couldn't pull them down far enough without dropping the shoulder strap.
None of those problems with (what I call) normal shorts
I roll the leg up.........works well.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning. I woke at 4ish, had a brew and fell asleep again till 8.30!!! :eek:
'Twas dark and wet at 4 and is now quite sunny with some cloud. Could be a decent day.

No ride plans today as all our group bar two are busy/away. Me and t'other chap decided to see what the morning brings. I'm going to a meeting at the sports and social club about social distancing at the club.

I need to black the fire surround before reinstalling it. Final coat on bookshelves and job's a good 'un.

Hopefully weather will allow me to harvest onions and clean out the refuse collection vehicle sitting in my garage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Morning all :hello:

Yay....it's Fish Friday! :hungry::cheers:
Got to drop the car in to the garage this morning to have a suspension bush replaced (advisory on MOT) .

You can tell it's Bank Holiday - they've started roadworks on the main road into the village and they've put scaffolding up outside one of the shops in the vilage centre, near the traffic lights and restricting the flow. It'll be chaos!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Luckily, all of my working life, I have never worked nights or Bank Holidays. ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Since I can remember we have not "done" bank holidays. Our memories of either going away for the weekend or just going out for the day are........traffic jams.
So for many many years we have just let the world get on with it.
We would often put the evening news on just to see the traffic queues though^_^

Tenkaykev

Guru
A belated good morning fellow retirees,

Just put the last few items of clothing to be sent up to Edinburgh. All the bulky stuff like shoes / clothes toiletries etc so we'll be able to travel light when we take the Brommies on the train.
The box that the new microwave came in proved to be the ideal size, the carrier is collecting it today and it will be with our daughter tomorrow. It does make travelling so much easier and we'll repeat the process on our return.
Computer upgraded itself so I'm delayed and just about to jump on the Turbo trainer. Today I'll be tackling "Cote du Holme Moss Pt1" looking at the elevation profile it does look a tad lumpy.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks🏃‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏊‍♀️🚶‍♀️🍻

Dave7

Legendary Member
A belated good morning fellow retirees,

Just put the last few items of clothing to be sent up to Edinburgh. All the bulky stuff like shoes / clothes toiletries etc so we'll be able to travel light when we take the Brommies on the train.
The box that the new microwave came in proved to be the ideal size, the carrier is collecting it today and it will be with our daughter tomorrow. It does make travelling so much easier and we'll repeat the process on our return.
Computer upgraded itself so I'm delayed and just about to jump on the Turbo trainer. Today I'll be tackling "Cote du Holme Moss Pt1" looking at the elevation profile it does look a tad lumpy.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks🏃‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏊‍♀️🚶‍♀️🍻
Kev (or may I call you Tenkay^_^).
Am I correct in thinking you don't have a car?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Since I can remember we have not "done" bank holidays. Our memories of either going away for the weekend or just going out for the day are........traffic jams.
So for many many years we have just let the world get on with it.
We would often put the evening news on just to see the traffic queues though^_^

Same here, we usually spend Bank Holidays in the garden (if it is fine and warm), or, in the house.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Blinkin ecky thump and ee by gum.
I have just put the central heating on.
Who would have thunk it :wacko:

We got a new Central Heating System about 3 years ago. It has one of those fancy computerised thermostat/controller things.

It reduced our bills considerably, at first.....

Why only at first you may ask.....

I did not show Mrs @BoldonLad how to use it, so, I was in control of temperature and on/off settings....

I eventually had to relent..... threatened with withdrawal of certain "services"....... and show Mrs @BoldonLad how it worked.....

Our heating has been on for two days in a row now ;)

Top Bottom