The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
And good morning one and all,

Yesterday saw me replacing the original old style " Rabbit Ears" Brompton hub gear shifter on the Orange Brommie. I swapped it out for a super swish Sturmey 3 speed indexed thumb shifter. All I needed to finish the job was an end crimp for the gear cable. They're in the shed.. somewhere.
So I started looking and realised that there's lots of stuff that I'd forgotten that I had, other stuff that I'd searched for on a previous occasion and never found. Then I got a bit cross with myself for hanging on to so much junk and decided that a Zen like simplicity was the solution. Then the nagging doubt's creep in, "do I really want to throw that away? best hang on to it eh, might come in handy"
I've still not found the end crimps, I'm having a coffee before heading back down the shed for round 2.

Have a lovely peaceful day folks.🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️🚴‍♀️🏊‍♀️

Dave7

Legendary Member
I hope so.
We are away in the caravan for 3 and a bit weeks in September. :okay:
When Welshie said September.......she meant the half week that you are at home :rolleyes:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
So the first coat of emulsion was finished at 5.00. The room looks, bright, clean and fresh..............

..........Mrs P is not happy. The colour isn't what she expected and doesn't match with the feature wall/chimney breast. I am NOT responsible for this. I did NOT chose the colour.

Anyone know I good divorce lawyer??? 🤔

So, you didn't choose the colour?

So what, you are a man, therefore, it is your fault ;)

Just man up and take the blame, you know it makes sense ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The high winds forecast for yesterday did not really affect us much here and reasonably warm despite the northerly winds.
This morning raining but no wind so since I try not to get the bikes or trike wet I will not go out yet. They live either in the car or the house so better to keep them dry. Forecast for tomorrow is not too good either but after that seems to be a few reasonable days. Getting very autumnal and dark in the mornings which suits my current mood. Despite having a few days away last week I still feel imprisoned. I would love to be up in Sutherland but the site I used there is closed I think since the owner retired. There is something about the wind and general atmosphere which takes me back to my youth as I spent summer holidays on my grandparents croft.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have to take my granddaughter back to town so she can go home to Aber. I hope the roads are all clear of debris

Tenkaykev

Guru
Found the end crimps ( plus 2 brand new bar end mirrors), probably every model of Ergon grips they make, Charge Spoon and Pan, 3 brand new chain wheels in assorted colours, complete Brompton front wheel with inner tube and Marathon Plus tyre etc etc...
I reckon I'm about half way towards the back wall and I think I can see a bike back there.
I'm going in, best wishes to you all if I don't make it back...

classic33

Leg End Member
Found the end crimps ( plus 2 brand new bar end mirrors), probably every model of Ergon grips they make, Charge Spoon and Pan, 3 brand new chain wheels in assorted colours, complete Brompton front wheel with inner tube and Marathon Plus tyre etc etc...
I reckon I'm about half way towards the back wall and I think I can see a bike back there.
Just in case, I'll have the chainwheels!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
We need pictures of this man cave/tip.:laugh:

Top Bottom