The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning all, calm here just now, light rain forecast all day. Another day for walking boots I think.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well I'd like to say Good Morning but..........wind still howling and raining.

I've pulled out of the ride with the result two others have said the same based on my decision. Wish they'd made their own choice to be honest about it. Feel bad about this. Been awake since 2.50 wondering what to do.
As Del Boy would say......"you know it makes sense".
What's that old saying....."he who fights and runs away lives to fight another day"
(If that wrong I will let Classic correct it

Dave7

Legendary Member
A wild night here. Very strong wind. It sounded like heavy rain but the wind probably made it sound,worse.
Living in a house that ìs exposed and big gardens = lots of fencing normally results in some storm damage but it appears we have escaped this time.
Off for my Covid search blood test at 1200. I used to be scared of needles but as many will attest to... a few operations and numerous needles in numerous places cures you of that :wacko:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dark wet and raining here, it would have been easy to lose the battle with the quilt that wanted to keep me pinned down.
And here. More heavy due and then rain all day :sad:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
And now I read that the hand sanitiser that I was so grateful to see back on the supermarket shelf all those months ago can take up to 2 minutes to be effective. I’ve been religiously using it outside of the house before I touch any food, before I touch the house key, before I touch the car key, but I’ve never been aware that I had to wait for 2 minutes. I might as well have not bothered :sad:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
A wild night here. Very strong wind. It sounded like heavy rain but the wind probably made it sound,worse.
Living in a house that ìs exposed and big gardens = lots of fencing normally results in some storm damage but it appears we have escaped this time.
Off for my Covid search blood test at 1200. I used to be scared of needles but as many will attest to... a few operations and numerous needles in numerous places cures you of that :wacko:

Good luck Dave. 👍

Tenkaykev

Guru
And just to get us in the mood, The Scotsman has a feature today on the country’s 10 best autumn walks.

We're up to Edinburgh next week to do some cat sitting for the daughter and her partner while they swan off to Tiree.
The Indy on Saturday had a feature on Edinburgh with the usual Walks to do, places to eat, etc. Our daughter lives in Porty which according to the Indy is just "a pebbles throw" from the City Centre. :rolleyes: I've walked in to town on loads of occasions but never discovered the magical short cut that they must be referring to!

Top Bottom