The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning, clear sky, sunshine not a breath of wind. The guys are meeting at the top of my road at 9.30.......and I'm decorating. Think they did this for a laugh. Bastards!!!! 😢😄

EVERYTHING that needs moving from the front room is moved. Furniture covered. Next job is to clean skirting in the hope it won't need glossing, same for dado rail. Mrs P is onboard with this plan, to my delight and surprise.

Then:
  1. In to town to buy paint and new roller
  2. Rub down window and door frames
  3. Wash said frames
  4. Gloss window and door frames
  5. Repair chip in window frame
  6. Dust sheets down ready for emulsion on Tuesday
If that lot gets done I shall clean the bike in preparation for Wednesday, the inside of the car as it will make me happy and cut the grass before I have to make silage from it.

Crossed out = completed. Bike cleaned. Grass cut in the garden, allotment will have to wait. Car still sticky. Paul is nackered.

classic33

Leg End Member
Crossed out = completed. Bike cleaned. Grass cut in the garden, allotment will have to wait. Car still sticky. Paul is nackered.
You went wrong at the start, No Agenda!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Afternoon all. Hope everyone is enjoying to day and getting everything tied down ready for tomorrow. Mrs exlaser did some studying this morning and wanted me to go out on a ride with her, but I am still not feeling the love for cycling if it goes on like this , I will end up selling my bikes.
So we ended up going to Kingsbury water park for walk , it was lovely and we even managed to fit in an ice cream too lol

View attachment 543488

View attachment 543489

I tend to go past Kingsbury and use the cafe at Middleton Hall.

D

Deleted member 1258

Nearly time for bed, I've had a good day today. A very good bike ride this morning and an enjoyable evening down the club tonight, we pick up my brother In law and his wife on the way down and take them home at the end of the evening, they're a good crowd down there and it makes for a good evening out, and I won a tenner on the bingo tonight.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fig2b_Francis8bit8bit.gif

The worst of it will be down South, in about seven hours time. 70mph winds, heavy thunderstorms, heavy rain, localised flooding. With some possible disruption to travel.

The end is high!!

Central belt, M62 corridor, will have light rain, winds up to 37mph and some thunderstorms from around 11am for possibly two hours. Risk increasing the further West you go.

PaulSB

Squire
Good wet and windy day to you all. Horrible outside.

Geez I was nackered last night. In bed and sleeping by 10.00pm and didn't wake till 5.40. I shall try for a few more zzzzzzzz in a bit.

I will be emulsioning this morning with a slight possibility of the second coat late this afternoon. That would be impressive a room completed in two days.

Watching the weather carefully for tomorrow as I should be on a big ride. @classic33 and another are suggesting weather might be OKish. 🤞🤞

Top Bottom