The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
A wee bit bleak!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour hommes et femmes. This morning, the repair man is coming to put a new diverter and pump on our boiler and then walk Molly. After that, a bike ride is called for as this is supposed to be the best day of the week. I am also expecting my new chain to arrive so I intend to fit it this afternoon. At 3.30 , I have an appointment at our local tip to get rid of two bags of garden waste before filling them again when I cut the grass and small branches I cut yesterday. Busy day ahead for a change.

PaulSB

Squire
Good morning, clear sky, sunshine not a breath of wind. The guys are meeting at the top of my road at 9.30.......and I'm decorating. Think they did this for a laugh. Bastards!!!! 😢😄

EVERYTHING that needs moving from the front room is moved. Furniture covered. Next job is to clean skirting in the hope it won't need glossing, same for dado rail. Mrs P is onboard with this plan, to my delight and surprise.

Then:
  1. In to town to buy paint and new roller
  2. Rub down window and door frames
  3. Wash said frames
  4. Gloss window and door frames
  5. Repair chip in window frame
  6. Dust sheets down ready for emulsion on Tuesday
If that lot gets done I shall clean the bike in preparation for Wednesday, the inside of the car as it will make me happy and cut the grass before I have to make silage from it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I'm sure Classic will be along to ask you why the repair man is walking Molly so I will save him the bother! :laugh:
When I read it again, I realised what I had done. :laugh: Well spotted.:notworthy: I must be more careful in future and read it back before I post it.
Right, off to walk Molly now. :hello:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good morning, clear sky, sunshine not a breath of wind. The guys are meeting at the top of my road at 9.30.......and I'm decorating. Think they did this for a laugh. Bastards!!!! 😢😄

EVERYTHING that needs moving from the front room is moved. Furniture covered. Next job is to clean skirting in the hope it won't need glossing, same for dado rail. Mrs P is onboard with this plan, to my delight and surprise.

Then:
  3. Wash said frames
If that lot gets done I shall clean the bike in preparation for Wednesday, the inside of the car as it will make me happy and cut the grass before I have to make silage from it.
I am knackered just reading that :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member

Then:
  3. Wash said frames
Thought Item One on your list was to make an agenda!

Top Bottom