The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
Regarding the ubiquitous zucchini (What we call courgettes...I always thought courgettes were female little dogs beloved by your queen.) Here they are shredded and incorporated into cake like bread, like carrot cake or banana bread. Another solution is to cut them into coin shapes, dip in egg and then crust with Panko or whatever bread crumbs you like, and bake until a crunchy crust ensues. Very tasty...you can almost forget there's a zook in there.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've done sod all today and have nothing planned for tomorrow :sad:

How about a book, or an audio book?
I find I can lose myself for hours while reading. My current book weaves English folklore ( the Green Man etc) into a contemporary mix of detective and supernatural.
When Mrs Tenkay was away in Scotland and I was having trouble sleeping, I would play an audio book of Stephen Fry and be in the land of nod in minutes.
Quite a few libraries allow you to borrow books in digital form as well as having audio books available.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Regarding the ubiquitous zucchini (What we call courgettes...I always thought courgettes were female little dogs beloved by your queen.) Here they are shredded and incorporated into cake like bread, like carrot cake or banana bread. Another solution is to cut them into coin shapes, dip in egg and then crust with Panko or whatever bread crumbs you like, and bake until a crunchy crust ensues. Very tasty...you can almost forget there's a zook in there.

And I always thought that courgettes were lightly armed warships...

screenman

Legendary Member
I want to go and wash the cars, but out of respect to the neighbours I will wait a couple of hours, I am sure they would not appreciate being woken by the sound of my jet washer

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning fellow retirees,

The wind has dropped a fair bit so I'm contemplating a bimble on the Brommie.

A fasting day today as I have a blood test tomorrow. This time they'll be taking an armful to run several different tests.
This brings to mind an article that I read yesterday, an 80 year old American cyclist has been banned for doping and had all of her age category awards rescinded 😯

Have a lovely peaceful day folks 🚴‍♀️🏃‍♂️🚶‍♀️🏊‍♂️

Top Bottom