The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have a suggestion. Just throw it in the bin. The end.
What:ohmy:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
When I was in college my girlfriend and I would study hard for a while at night and then reward ourselves with a Coke or a candy bar or some other treat. We thought of this as being nice to ourselves. Reading Mo's mention of the mini Soreens made me recollect the practice of being nice to oneself and I think I need to do that more often....doesn't have to be a toothsome snack, but almost any deliberate act that has no practical purpose other than personal enjoyment. I tend to do things because I should, but in these grim times, perhaps more could be with the idea l want to. Many might be the same things with a different attitude.

It has always been my practice, when shopping for food, or, just window shopping in town, to have "a little treat".

Indeed, I have a little saying, to irritate Mrs @BoldonLad with, ie "there is a difference between 'need' and 'want'" ;)

Covid, here in UK, has temporarily put a stop browsing the supermarket shelves, or, trips to town, or, spontaneous stopping off at a pub for a sandwich and a pint.

For me, it has been the worst aspect of "lockdown" and Covid restrictions.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
A Courgette question for you.
One of our neighbours gave us a home grown one.......must be a foot long.
What do we do with it (no rude answers if possible....... rude answers if not).
Neither of us fancy eating it and its certainly too big for one meal.
View attachment 543073

Could you stuff it with mince and onion, and bake it in the oven, similar to stuffed marrow?

Just a guess, never tried it, with a courgette. ;)

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
View attachment 543073
Poke it through your neighbour's letterbox, ring the door bell and shout - 'The Martians are coming!' *

*Noddy to Doddy.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Local walks are crazy busy at the weekends so I headed off into the quiet back roads and had a lovely, peaceful 8.5 miles. Just the very occasional vehicle and a couple of cyclists.

pawl

Legendary Member
I popped round to the supermarket for a few things. I spied the packs of mini Soreen bars for £1 so bought a couple. Must try and not eat them all today! :laugh:

I put two in my cycling top pocket wrapped in cling film as they can get a bit sticky.

PaulSB

Squire
I've heard a few people saying lets just get on with life, I think a lot of people are fed up with all the faffing about.
I don't mind faffing and doing everything I'm asked and probably more. Just think this is here to stay
View attachment 543073
I've got two very good, very simple recipes; one for courgette and tomato chutney and the other for spicy courgette and tomato chutney. I realise you may have to buy tomatoes.

I make both every year around this time. 12 jars of each, lasts all year.

Do you want links?

PaulSB

Squire
Well I've cleaned the car, outside, and found loads of tar spots on it. These are now gone but did take a while.

Foolishly I've agreed to start decorating the front room. Tomorrow I have to make sure I have everything needed for this, empty the walls etc. and prepare a schedule.

Mrs P: "You mean a list."
Me: "No, a schedule "
Mrs P: "What's the difference?
Me: " A schedule is the order in which I need to do things.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a list.......:sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I've cleaned the car, outside, and found loads of tar spots on it. These are now gone but did take a while.

Foolishly I've agreed to start decorating the front room. Tomorrow I have to make sure I have everything needed for this, empty the walls etc. and prepare a schedule.

Me: "No, a schedule "
Mrs P: "What's the difference?
Me: " A schedule is the order in which I need to do things.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a list.......:sad:
First item on that list, an agenda!

Top Bottom