The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
So. When are you going to sell her then (the car not your wife).
Maybe that’s where he’s going wrong! :laugh:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Went for my " Secateur 10k" this morning, pausing to trim the thorny branches that were encroaching on the paths and trails as I ran. Got a bit engrossed and ended up running 11k.
Does this mean that I should change my forum username? 🤔
We have a trail here that’s the same. Supposed to be a core path which I think means the council should maintain it but it hasn’t been touched for a long time. The local club 10K normally gets held in July but obviously cancelled this year. They sometimes tidy it a bit for the race normally. I may resort to snipping bits too.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rainy day and likely to stay that way all day. However since coming home again I have bread rising and soup on the go as well as the washing machine. Next is a kind of half soda bread/cake thing which with various additions for flavour is far too good and I eat it too quickly so have to make more and then wonder why my weight is rising. I use the remoska cooker for this latter effort which works out very well.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Morning all, late to the party today.
Still breezy here. One of my growing houses was blown over during the night, so that was my first job. It is a bit rotten in parts, some of the Lower struts had rusted badly at the bottom. So I replaced them and put a new cover on. It should last for a couple of years more.
Curry is on the menu for tonight, I will cook it from scratch :hungry:.
Out with the dog now, and I have still not had any breakfast yet.:ohmy:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Morning all, late to the party today.
Still breezy here. One of my growing houses was blown over during the night, so that was my first job. It is a bit rotten in parts, some of the Lower struts had rusted badly at the bottom. So I replaced them and put a new cover on. It should last for a couple of years more.
Curry is on the menu for tonight, I will cook it from scratch :hungry:.
Out with the dog now, and I have still not had any breakfast yet.:ohmy:
I should forget breakfast and move on straight to lunch if I was you, by the time you get back. :okay:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I've thought that since March.
Some people are so scared of dying that they are frightened to live.
I reckon that, when all of this is over, there will be a lot of people who will still be frightened to leave their home and will wear full PPE if they do venture out.

My sentiments exactly.

There is a difference between “being alive”, and, “living”.

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice walk along the Coast Path at Tintagel then lunch at our favouritest pub ever!
The Blisland Inn.

Top Bottom