The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Cycling+ changed to something else. Everyone had to re register and found it was very poor. Hence the exodus.
Never had to deregister, but a lot of what had been posted was simply removed. More off-road than on-road when the two were merged.

pawl

Legendary Member
I'm back, I've bimbled, 52 miles this morning, I did a regular route to Hatton with a couple of diversions due to road closures, its a route I used regularly just after I retired. I came across a closed road just outside Lowsenford on the way out, it looked passable so I decided to walk through, half a dozen steps in I was in ankle deep mud, lovely stuff, beautiful colour and gloopy, I rode round the corner up the hill and stopped for ten minutes to clean it off my shoes with grass and poked out from under the mudguards with a stick, then rode through the middle of every puddle and flooded road section all the way to the cafe to clean things up a bit, on the way back I changed my route to avoid it. It was a nice ride, sunny cool with a blustery breeze to slow things down a bit, but great fun crossing Coventry at the end of the ride with the breeze behind me. So I enjoyed that, thats two good solid rides in this week totaling 107 miles.

Chapeau .

Is Hatton on the canal . I seem to remember it had a flight of locks if I’ve got the correct place Mrs p could manage single locks she hated staircase and flights of locks Probably got the wrong place all together.

I have just read the results of a blind test on tonics.
I know they can say anything and in the end its personal taste but......
Fever Tree was 5th
Schweppes was 1st.
For us, as I expect for most people, Schweppes was our standard before we were introduced to Fever Tree. Occasionally we are in a pub that only does Schweppes and we have to make do, but definitely for us Fever Tree is way nicer.

Not in our house, more like 50/50 ;)
50:50 here too :smile:
Here’s what we’ve got in the cupboard just now, from Carrbridge, Edinburgh, Ullapool, Caithness, and Harris of course.
8B0E2250-5796-4DB1-9CBA-856B0D18E237.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1258

Chapeau .

Is Hatton on the canal . I seem to remember it had a flight of locks if I’ve got the correct place Mrs p could manage single locks she hated staircase and flights of locks Probably got the wrong place all together.

Yes, I was at Hatton Locks, the cafe is by the top lock, when I first retired a gang of us Coventry Road Club members and ex members used to meet there on a Thursday, we used to take over, it wasn't unusual for there to be 10-15 of us in there.

D

Deleted member 1258

For some strange reason this song has been rattling round my head all afternoon. :wacko:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just back from a very enjoyable jaunt to Weymouth. As we walked from the Station to the Quay we couldn't help noticing how busy it was, both on the Beach and the town in general.
After a pint of Exmoor Gold in the George we headed over the Bridge for lunch in the Secret Garden.
Popped in to the Doghouse Micro Brewery for a pint of Legless Jester before ambling back to the Station for the train back to Poole.

IMG_20200820_145019.jpg

IMG_20200820_142757.jpg

IMG_20200820_132645.jpg

pawl

Legendary Member
Yes, I was at Hatton Locks, the cafe is by the top lock, when I first retired a gang of us Coventry Road Club members and ex members used to meet there on a Thursday, we used to take over, it wasn't unusual for there to be 10-15 of us in there.

Cheers. Was going to get a ride in today but the lawns beckoned..Had become a bit long.

Top Bottom